• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2012-2013 NBA Season postmortem

The new CBA max is very manageable for players under 6 years. Brook Lopez, Roy Hibbert, and Eric Gordon all got that deal last summer... so obviously Harden deserved that deal. Every team with cap space would have probably offered him that deal in RFA.

The question is if Clay Bennett says there is no way he is paying that because of the luxury tax, do you possibly waste a much better title shot and losing Harden for much less for assets that will take 2-3 years to really pay off? I'm not so sure.

does this trade have any affect on the hawks? i seem to remember they have one of the rockets lottery protected first round picks in the next few years.

So if you're Presti and you can keep two of three you stick with Durant and Harden and let Westbrook walk?

If it was a team that had a star other than Durant, to me, that is an absolute yes. PG is an easy position to fill cheaply. I also dont think Westbrook is an elite PG

But I think Harden will never experience his full potential beside or with Durant. Durant needs someone beside him who can play D. Harden in my opinion isnt that player

I think the Thunder made the right move here

I don't think you say one way or any other until the draft pick situation shakes out. All you can definitively say about this trade is that it was a gamble

Even without the draft picks, they dealt their sixth man for Kevin Martin and Jeremy Lamb. Lamb could very well end up being Harden anyway.

There isnt much of a talent gamble here. It is only a chemistry gamble.

Even without the draft picks, they dealt their sixth man for Kevin Martin and Jeremy Lamb. Lamb could very well end up being Harden anyway.

There isnt much of a talent gamble here. It is only a chemistry gamble.

You just said they gambled on Lamb. Martin is in a contract year too. It's a gamble. You had a team in the finals and you traded the guy that got you there. It was a gamble. The Lakers got better, and the Spurs stood pat. I'm not seeing how this trade helps them better unless the picks pan out.

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
New @okcthunder guaed Kevin Martin to Y! Sports: "Oh my Gosh! Feels like a dream. Sometimes words can't describe it."

Lol. Kevin Martin was so ready to be out of Houston, but he wouldn't publicly say it. Daryl Morey has traded or almost traded him like 5 times, so I can understand that.

Harden is way overrated. He's really good, but OKC was smart to flip him now if he was intent on max money. I think it's a good trade for both sides. OKC still clear No. 2 behind the Lakers, and it's not close between them and No. 3.

After next year (when the Thunder would have had Harden and time to trade him), the Thunder will be definitively weaker unless they can move up in the draft to get Noel or Zeller.

Harden could play PG or SG. He was a match up nightmare and allowed the team to rest Westbrook and Durant.

Losing Lamb sucks. He's shown all the attributes of a true scorer so far... Glad we held on to Motiejunas though. The Aldrich Asik Motiejunas rotation should be a fun white out.

You just said they gambled on Lamb. Martin is in a contract year too. It's a gamble. You had a team in the finals and you traded the guy that got you there. It was a gamble. The Lakers got better, and the Spurs stood pat. I'm not seeing how this trade helps them better unless the picks pan out.

Ok Lamb, could be considered a gamble, but everything he has shown in preseason and summer league makes it look like he will be a solid player.

Either way my point is they traded away Harden in his contact year for Martin who is just as prolific if not more of a scorer than Harden.

I think it is also a valid argument that Harden getting/holding out for a max deal could have hurt chemistry when every other major player on the team had sacrificed their contract/value for the good of the team.

Losing Lamb sucks. He's shown all the attributes of a true scorer so far... Glad we held on to Motiejunas though. The Aldrich Asik Motiejunas rotation should be a fun white out.

Texas, do you like this deal? I mean I have always loved Morey's aggressiveness, but now he has tied up the Rockets with a future of Lin, Harden, and Asik (contract wise). Sure hope those guys play to their contracts

After next year (when the Thunder would have had Harden and time to trade him), the Thunder will be definitively weaker unless they can move up in the draft to get Noel or Zeller.

Harden could play PG or SG. He was a match up nightmare and allowed the team to rest Westbrook and Durant.

RJ I would agree with you if he wasn't playing behind Durant. He isnt the type of player that can play effectively with Durant/Westbrook. there is just no defense there. Wade and LeBron showed that pretty clearly in the Finals

Ok Lamb, could be considered a gamble, but everything he has shown in preseason and summer league makes it look like he will be a solid player.

Either way my point is they traded away Harden in his contact year for Martin who is just as prolific if not more of a scorer than Harden.

Martin doesn't create his own shots. He doesn't pass or defend close to as well as Harden. Martin needs support. Harden is a leader. Martin gets hurt a lot. It's not even close.

I think it is also a valid argument that Harden getting/holding out for a max deal could have hurt chemistry when every other major player on the team had sacrificed their contract/value for the good of the team.

I'd make a significant bet that if you asked Durant and Westbrook, they would have said "Pay Harden."

I'd make a significant bet that if you asked Durant and Westbrook, they would have said "Pay Harden."

Probably true. Those guys love playing together, which is awesome.

Its why I think chemistry is the biggest thing at stake here for the Thunder

Texas, do you like this deal? I mean I have always loved Morey's aggressiveness, but now he has tied up the Rockets with a future of Lin, Harden, and Asik (contract wise). Sure hope those guys play to their contracts

I like the deal, but it's not without risk of course. Lamb could blow up, or Toronto could bomb and their pick could become valuable. We were always going to shop Martin this year, so it's actually nice we were able to include him.

I think Asik should play to his contract, and I like that move. I'm less sold on Lin, and there are actually rumblings out there that Rockets ownership pushed for that one more than the Rockets basketball brain trust.

Hmm? Pretty sure both Durant and Westbrook got max deals.

Back