• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2012-2013 NBA Season postmortem

Maybe they are hoping Toronto gets the #4 pick, gets Rudy Gobert and he becomes a dominating center.

Maybe they are hoping Toronto gets the #4 pick, gets Rudy Gobert and he becomes a dominating center.

I'd be shocked if Toronto is that bad this year. I'm guessing the pick ends up being in the 10-15 range.

If the Thunder doesn't get a superstar in the draft, it's a terrible trade for them.

Of course it could be even worse if Harden plays out 13/14 and becomes a total free agent to leave Houston.

Am I remembering incorrectly when I say that Harden was horrible in the finals?

I don't know if Harden's pathetic performance in the finals is just sticking with me or what, but I don't see him as the face of a franchise. I think the the Thunder did very well here.

Hmm? Pretty sure both Durant and Westbrook got max deals.

Durant did, but he signed without his player opt outs. Perkins also no player opt outs, and Westbrook and Ibaka structured their contracts to ease tax burdens.

They should have traded Perkins for a cheaper center and kept Harden.

He wasn't the face of the Thunder, but he was a cornerstone. His versatility made Westbrook and Durant better.

Some of you are treating Harden like the second coming of Michael Jordan. He's just not that awesome.

I think both teams got a good deal but the Thunder have done extremely well getting Jeremy Lamb out of this. Their front office is a shining beacon of how to do it in the NBA at this point in time.

Some of you are treating Harden like the second coming of Michael Jordan. He's just not that awesome.

Ridiculous. No one has come close.

I think both teams got a good deal but the Thunder have done extremely well getting Jeremy Lamb out of this. Their front office is a shining beacon of how to do it in the NBA at this point in time.

Yes, the Thunder will get the benefit of the doubt because Presti did it. In the context of a different GM it gets more easily criticized.

Harden is Ginobili, but slightly less good at basketball. Apologize for breaking the cross-race comparison rule.

He's also started something like seven games in his career and relishes not being The Guy. If another team wants to pay out max dollars for that, Okay ...

OKC got back a ton of picks, a good rookie prospect and Kevin Martin, one of the league's best shooters, a guy who's been in a malaise for years playing on terrible teams, who will flip out now that he's on a contender and will be in line for a bazillion open shots.

No one has said anything like that. Harden is an All Star.

Kevin Martin has missed significant time in four of the previous five seasons and is almost thirty.

Lamb is a crapshoot.

They should have at least gotten Houston's non-protected pick for this in addition to what they got.

I really can't believe this is all they could have gotten for Harden.

The basic rule of thumb in the NBA is the team trading a superstar loses.

For the stat geeks:

Offensive rating - #3
Effective FG% - #2
True Shooting %- #2
Win share/48min- #4
Sixth Man of the Year
Member of 2012 Olympic team

Unquestioned cornerstone of a finals team

Back