• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2012-2013 NBA Season postmortem

Fuck Your Couch

Reaction score
Time to crank up a new thread. Opening night on Tuesday, October 30 with a Boston @ Miami and Dallas @ Lakers doubleheader on TNT.

Some of the latest stories to get this started:

Dirk got his knee scoped and will be out about 6 weeks.

Kevin Love broke his hand doing knuckle push ups. He will be out 6-8 weeks.

The LeBron whisperer, Brian Windhorst, started a minor stir with an article saying executives around the league are worried about the possibility LeBron to the Lakers in the summer of 2014.

Marc Stein's take on the Harden contract situation. If Harden doesn't extend in the next month, the Thunder will undoubtedly have to match a max offer next summer.

Shaping up to be a really exciting year. Lots of story lines and powerhouse teams/rivalries.

Great story lines this season.

We'll have a serious rivalry between the LA teams as well as the NY teams.

The Celtics absolutely hate the Heat and have made offseason moves with trying to knock them off in mind.

Thunder vs. Lakers in the Western Conference is going to be a great battle.

Can the Heat repeat and will LeBron continue his unstoppable run of dominance and win another MVP?

Don't count out the Spurs. I'm a big Danny Green fan but I think De Colo is starting at the 2 by game 30. He's really a point, but he's 6'5"

Out West, I like Utah as well. I think they are going to beat teams up. I expect Minnesota to scream into the 5 or 6th spot in the playoffs which will scare the shit of whoever finishes 3rd or 4th (Clippers, Spurs, possibly Lakers). Dallas is going to reek, I think. If they don't then Carlisle is a genius. I don't think the Clippers made the right moves in the off season to challenge. I think the Spurs may.

In the East, I like Philly and Brooklyn to crack the top 4 with Boston and Miami. I don't see anybody beating the Heat though unless James or Wade misses the playoffs.

I think Miami repeats. Not because they are better but because the West is going to beat each other up, even more so this year. OK City, Lakers, Spurs, Memphis, Clippers - they'd all be the 1st or 2nd seed in the East.

Jaybone, I'm surprised you like Minnesota to be a 5 or 6 seed considering Rubio will miss the beginning of the year recovering from the ACL tear and Kevin Love will miss the first month of the season with a broken hand.

Jaybone, I'm surprised you like Minnesota to be a 5 or 6 seed considering Rubio will miss the beginning of the year recovering from the ACL tear and Kevin Love will miss the first month of the season with a broken hand.

I like their team. I think they have a lot of underrated players (e.g., Luke Ridnour, Buddinger, Barrea). If those guys can keep them a few games under .500 for the first six weeks, then watch out. Last year they faded badly after Rubio went out. But Rubio wasn't the only guy they lost. Their center who is a mountain was out almost a month too. Anyway, I like them and I think Rubio comes back sooner than expected.

Other than Dirk being out for the first month or so, why would you expect Dallas to be worse than last year?

They lost a ton of players and added a ton of players, none of whom have played together before. Darren Collison doesn't scare anybody. Elton Brand doesn't either. OJ Mayo is going to play 30 minutes a game. Dirk has a lot of mileage. I like Kaman, but that is a lot to ask a team cobbled together so they have room next year to sign a big FA.

Any extension for Teague will be delayed so Hawks can take a run at CP3, says Stein:

Jeff Teague, Hawks
The Hawks like Teague, but they'll also have copious amounts of salary-cap space to make an offseason run at a pretty good point guard named Chris Paul. The same Chris Paul who was famously fond of the idea that he'd be drafted by the Hawks back in 2005. Which leads you to believe that they're going to hold off on anything with Teague until they know CP3 is out of reach.​

could any bobcats folks tell me the difference between seats in section 218 row A2 vs. row B? the A2 ones are $50 more expensive for the lakers game and i am curious why.

Tim Duncan's knee brace:

x2_f338324

I think the Warriors will make the playoffs this year, that is my bold prediction

We did our fantasy draft last Sunday because the commissioners didn't want to wait until the last minute like we have the last couple of years. I raised the point about there still being a lot of time for injuries between then and the start of the season. Boom - two top guys out for a couple of months. Oops (didn't affect me!)

120828_mkg_01.jpg

Ready to see MKG in action. I almost pulled the trigger on the Pick 5 plan for the Bobcats (Opening night, LAL, LAC, OKC, CHI) but I got cold feet at the checkout page.

Pretty pumped up this year. Could go down the drain quickly if Bynum pouts/gets injured, but I'm excited. The Sixers ceiling had been firmly established the past few years. It'll be interesting now with what should be an entirely different style.

excited about watching my BOI D12 suit up tonight. he's going to be a perfect fit.

Back