• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Need Recs for the best restaurants in charlotte

White Duck Taco now open at E 10th St and Seigle Ave.

Anyone try Velvet Taco in yet over in Optimist Hall? Haven't had a chance to get over there yet but it sounds dope

Anyone try Velvet Taco in yet over in Optimist Hall? Haven't had a chance to get over there yet but it sounds dope

I have not. I went over there this past weekend though and ate at Papi Queso -- grilled cheese sandwich with pork and mac & cheese was delicious.

Jim Noble is leasing the former Nolen Kitchen space at Selwyn Corners that has been vacant for two years. Also hired the culinary director at four of Mario Batali's Las Vegas restaurants.

So Noble is shifting his focus from quality to volume and spreading himself all over the City now? Went back to Noble Smoke with a group for lunch two weeks ago and it was the same Meh reaction across the crowd.

You really should send him an email.

He could serve slop in a bucket at the Selwyn Corners location. It's convenient to me and I'm going to eat there from time to time when I want to go out close to the house, instead of Providence Road Sundries.

I've also hit up Volo Ristorante a couple of times, which is a new Italian place in the former Lumiere space (which was once Wolfman Pizza). Owned and staffed by real Italians. Owner is from Sardinia and has worked all over the world.

IMG_3886.JPG

Yeah, it's good. I know a few of the investors. It's a little different than the Chapel Hill location due to the food. Parking sucks. I'd say The Stanley, two doors down in that same strip center, has the better food as a farm-to-table place, but Crunkleton has the better atmosphere. I haven't tried any of the steaks at Crunk.

How is Volo, Biff?
SD3, you will like Crunkleton. Really good atmosphere, drinks and food. Agree The Stanley has better food, but that's probably a Top 3 restaurant in the area.

Volo is really good. Lots of people just go and hangat the bar. It's a small space and the tables are a little cramped. It's also fairly bright. Food is real good though.

And I mean come on, as if they couldn't more explicitly announce their target clientele, this is their promo pic:

charlottemag_87424389_230017578035842_336213886220817026_n.jpg

Back