• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Need Recs for the best restaurants in charlotte

I have not. I went over there this past weekend though and ate at Papi Queso -- grilled cheese sandwich with pork and mac & cheese was delicious.

Papi Queso is good, but (like that entire food hall) so goddamn expensive. You check out the Fonta Flora taproom? Good stuff, but same issue with price when Birdsong is a block away for $5 beers.

Also, I've never had anything bad (or even meh) are Noble Smoke. Pretty easily the best BBQ in the city (just ahead of Sweet Lew's IMO).

what do you do for a living Biff?

also - what are CLT’s best affordable restaurants? e.g. JJs Red Hots. Need to get out of the ‘we’re not cooking tonight so it’s Chick-Fil-A’ rut.

big fan of Waterman Fish Bar - great seafood

Last edited:
oGX2cwIaqJqSt4lQhi3HM7XA6_P2li73OKAWVbMLmrYD6SmVq5FXqU5fpDf9TxXxMtn9AHJ266tnxigADjJ8jBv0yLL8fMiOBELlWTr_pUP6nKT7lqbTWcup79m7PSg

Also, I've never had anything bad (or even meh) are Noble Smoke. Pretty easily the best BBQ in the city (just ahead of Sweet Lew's IMO).

Their brisket may be, but nothing else. I'm taking Bobbie O's for everything else on the menu. Queen City Q is also significantly better. And I know none of you are driving up to the Fat Fork, but I had a brisket philly there the other night that was insane.

never mind just googled that and hell no i'm not driving to east lincoln county for any reason.

we could stand to have a "best meat and 3 in NC" thread though. I'll go out of my way on a work trip for that.

Their brisket may be, but nothing else. I'm taking Bobbie O's for everything else on the menu. Queen City Q is also significantly better. And I know none of you are driving up to the Fat Fork, but I had a brisket philly there the other night that was insane.

Awful take. Wouldn't put it in the top 5 in the area.

Sauceman's is really legit, but I haven't been to the new location.

the one uptown closed probably 15-20 years ago. There's still one on monroe road, but i'm sure as hell not driving past Lupie's to go to Gus'.

I do still get my hair cut in Arcade Mens Room.

What are the best ~$20 family dinners in CLT?

These are my go-to’s:

Thai Taste-Chicken Pad Thai w/ Spring Rolls
JJs-Char Heel meals w/ onion rings
Chick Fil A-12 ct nugget meals

What are the best ~$20 family dinners in CLT?

These are my go-to’s:

Thai Taste-Chicken Pad Thai w/ Spring Rolls
JJs-Char Heel meals w/ onion rings
Chick Fil A-12 ct nugget meals

Two prime rib dinners from Teeter on $10 prime rib night. Big piece of prime rib, potatoes, and carrots/green beans. Can't beat it. The lobster dinner is good too, but the lobsters themselves are somewhat scrawny and you have to hunt for the meat. But for the price it is tough to complain.

Back