• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Need Recs for the best restaurants in charlotte

I think I went twice in the nearly 10 years I've lived here. Wasn't impressed tbh.

Due to labor shortage, food quality and coin shortages for the closure they say. Not a great look to blame your workforce and cash-only policy when the owners probably got an offer they couldn’t refuse on that gold mine of a location.

They’ve been getting offers for years and haven’t sold. Site is not under contract now.

Yeah not yet but it surely will soon. Sucks that a classic landmark is going to get bulldozed for more shitty apartments that will fall down in 20 years. They could have charged more and people would have paid it, if they really wanted to keep going. Im sure it’s a grind running a place like that, particularly knowing the $ the place is worth.

Definitely a grind when you can't get people to come to work.

RIP. Used to have it as my profile location. Ate it about once a month for a several years, but now haven't been in the last few. When I first had it, I thought it might be the best fried chicken in the world, but I did think their quality fell off a bit more recently.

I think what will happen is they’ll assent the Price’s site with the two-story office building at the corner and redevelop the whole thing with something in the 10-20 story range on a site that would be almost an acre. That office building at the corner opened a year before the light rail line and is already prime for demolition.

it was crowded behind the counter. coin shortage is a stupid excuse. I'm sure they got a good offer.

we are moving our office to south end right now - sorry prices will be gone because I'd go there a lot. I'll just have to hit the gas station for my chicken

it was crowded behind the counter. coin shortage is a stupid excuse. I'm sure they got a good offer.

we are moving our office to south end right now - sorry prices will be gone because I'd go there a lot. I'll just have to hit the gas station for my chicken

Do you people move ever four years ? Incidentally, the guy who developed the building you were in that had your name on it before you moved also developed the building next to Price's at the corner.

We ate at the Charleston location and really enjoyed it. The pizzas were great and I had the tagliatelle which was terrific.

Agree that the pizza was great. I thought the tagliatelle was a little bland.

Fried artichoke was phenomenal. Burrata salad was also delicious.

BiffTannen plans to visit Supperland in Plaza-Midwood tonight. They reserve half of the restaurant for walk-ins, which is what I will be, so we'll see how that goes. Zero percent chance that my wife will be interested in going across the street to Whiskey Warehouse if the wait is two hours.

Do you people move ever four years ? Incidentally, the guy who developed the building you were in that had your name on it before you moved also developed the building next to Price's at the corner.

LOL. we have been in the charlotte plaza since 2003 I think.

My bad. I thought you were with the firm that moved from 700 E Morehead to 500 E Morehead.

Went to the new ACE No. 3 on Providence Rd here in Myers Park/Eastover on the day after the grand opening. Solid ACE burger and fries, no drop in quality from the other location, Come Back Sauce is good, totally packed, saw some soccer moms and kids.

Looks like Supperland excursion will not occur tonight due to kid feeling bad after VAX No. 2.

i drove by there a little while ago and thought about stopping, could've negrepped you in person

tenor.gif

Went to the new ACE No. 3 on Providence Rd here in Myers Park/Eastover on the day after the grand opening. Solid ACE burger and fries, no drop in quality from the other location, Come Back Sauce is good, totally packed, saw some soccer moms and kids.

Looks like Supperland excursion will not occur tonight due to kid feeling bad after VAX No. 2.

Supperland is fantastic. If you are going the walk-in route, get there early or expect an hour+ wait. My suggestion is go early and just drink cocktails for a while before you order food, but to each their own.

Back