• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Need Recs for the best restaurants in charlotte

Supperland is fantastic. If you are going the walk-in route, get there early or expect an hour+ wait. My suggestion is go early and just drink cocktails for a while before you order food, but to each their own.

Definitely. Colleen did a great job on yet another cocktail menu. I've only been during opening week when they were still dialing in the menu/service, but the food and cocktails I tried were really good, minus the fried sausage gravy balls needing some salt/pepper. Need to get back over there again.

Going to Jim Noble's new restaurant, The Jimmy, tonight at the corner of Selwyn and Colony. Opening night I believe.

Last edited:
Yeah. Parking sucks but they have valet on the weekend. They say they’re going to expand it to weeknights due to current demand.

Went to Pinky’s Westside Grill for lunch and had a black bean burger with bacon and some fried pickles. Already cleaned out my system.

What’s the point of a black bean burger if you’re putting bacon on it?

Bojangles’ and Picasso’s, Food for Hornets:

We went to Fin and Fino the other night and loved it. Got the tasting menu and can’t believe how much good food that was. Great wine and cocktails too.

As of yesterday, it appears that place has closed and will not be some sort of Cajun boil joint. Never got a chance to try it.

It has now re-opened as a transitional Chinese restaurant. You’re right. It’s legit. Had the bartender pick a few dishes, and they were all fantastic.

Chik-fil-A on Woodlawn will reopen on 9/9 with a double drive-thru only. Has been closed since last January, forcing Myers Park residents to drive all the way to Cotswold for nuggets.

please take your morons back and release randolph road from tyranny

Went to New Zealand Cafe for the first time last week, and can see why it gets the hype, despite its SE Charlotte strip mall location. Place was packed with a decent wait on a rainy Thursday night. Very solid sushi, and eager to go back and try some of the New Zealand style (didn't know this was a thing) seafood dishes.

i love that place. the indian place across the street is my favorite indian in town (royal biryani)

You know there's a Zaxby's across the street by the Walmart, right ?

Back