• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Need Recs for the best restaurants in charlotte

I am taking the wife on a date to Mariposa on Saturday, anyone with recommendations or experience?

Eh, typical I Can Get Weirder Than You millennial concept restaurant. See how much unusual shit they can cobble together in small portions to make you think you are eating something that you should overpay for, only for you to have to stop at Arby's on the way home to fill up.

Eh, typical I Can Get Weirder Than You millennial concept restaurant. See how much unusual shit they can cobble together in small portions to make you think you are eating something that you should overpay for, only for you to have to stop at Arby's on the way home to fill up.

looking at the menu, they have a whole chicken and paella, so if you need Arby's after that then you probably should've been on the #eatlesspantsfitfatty regime during Covid.

I mean I was going to stop at Arbys anyway

Getting back to this, Mariposa was excellent, the menu composition wasn’t unusual, and the portion sizes were fine.

Went to Lang Van on Friday night for the best Vietnamese food in town.

went to a vegan restaurant in Charlotte called Oh My Soul, we thought it was good...if your are into Vegan or willing to try.

Went to Lang Van on Friday night for the best Vietnamese food in town.

Still need to try. I know it's an institution for those who indulge. When we lived in Madison Park, we probably got Vietnam Grill, Saigon Palace, or Doan's about once a week. All were very good, but we preferred Saigon Palace the most.

That's close to the outlets and will give mako another option when he comes to town and his wife goes shopping.

PXL_20220517_144241790.jpg

I drove by that the other day and wondered why it was such a small Outback. I have to go back to Steele Creek tonight and may try it out. Will report back on the smoked porterhouse.

went to fin and fino last night and man that place is great. We did "the treatment" and had 10 courses. it was fantastic.

went to fin and fino last night and man that place is great. We did "the treatment" and had 10 courses. it was fantastic.

Damn, I was going to make a joke about your wealth (or loose company spending policy), but 10 courses for $65 pp is pretty sweet. Need to do that ASAP.

Sorry I'm late. I was not impressed. Limited menu and the service was horrible, it took forever. I have not been back. I think they are opening another one in Riverbend that I will likely pass on as well.

I've been on a Woodshed kick lately, been making the drive at least once a month for the past year or so after not having been since pre-Covid, when it had faltered a little. It's back to being the best restaurant in the CLT area for me. It still blows away any of the Charlotte steakhouses with zero of the pretentiousness and at like a third of the price.

Back