• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Need Recs for the best restaurants in charlotte

If only Charlotte could get a Flying Biscuit . . .

re McNinch House, it's stuffy and expensive but good. It really just depends on your party. It's not a place where you feel like you should talk loudly.

If only Charlotte could get a Flying Biscuit . . .

re McNinch House, it's stuffy and expensive but good. It really just depends on your party. It's not a place where you feel like you should talk loudly.

Charlotte has a Flying Biscuit

Del Frisco's is pretty good, but seems like just another Morton's and/or Ruth's Chris

That's what I like about Fig Tree, even though it's also a restaurant in an old house. I've only been there with parties of 8 or more, but we always had our own room where we were free to enjoy ourselves.

i know fried chicken doesn't sound like anything terribly special, but if you go to carpe diem, get the fried chicken. trust me on this.

different enough that i don't really feel like it's fair to compare them. instead of greasy/heavy deliciousness, it's buttermilk deliciousness.

I don't think you can go wrong with Carpe Diem. I've never been to 5Church, like I said. The bar at CD is really nice. Customshop is just a few doors down if you feel like stopping in there for a drink or an app, although Carpe Diem has some pretty good apps (carpaccio) and a more sophisticated bar.

Who is attending this dinner?

Also, I have a couple of personal restaurant reviews from Florence, Siena, and Rome for you.

send me the siena and florence ones

the clan heads to italy next spring

We should give Charlotte to South Carolina. What a redneck shit berg. Before there were mullets, there were Charlottes.

You can probably find better food and company in Gastonia.

We should give Charlotte to South Carolina. What a redneck shit berg. Before there were mullets, there were Charlottes.

Hell yeah. We can get away from the Eastern NC inbred corruption that runs NC politics and get cheaper gas and lower taxes. I've been pushing for the State line to move north for years!

Back