• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Need Recs for the best restaurants in charlotte

I feel like I went to some place called Chicken Coop last time I was in Charlotte that had good fried chicken

I know it's not really unique, but Del Frisco's was one of the best steak dinners I've ever had.

we just got one in ATL

welcome to the big time atlanta

The ATL Del Friscos is (thankfully) not their steak place, since we already have about a thousand mediocre high end steak chains. It is their DF Grille, which has a menu more like Houstons. Tried it last wknd. Not bad and not superoverpriced as is the fashion in bhead.

We need a Mac's in the A. It would kill.

Nice, now I have a few more restaurants to try out.

Love Cabo Fish Taco. It's only $10 for the mahi bbq tacos and like $3 for a queso dip appetizer.

Cowfish is great but has the seating issues already discussed.

Terrace Cafe, damn good food. Fried green tomato appetizer w/ pimento cheese was amazing. Definitely have a lot more than breakfast and it's easily forgotten since it's not in the Taco Mac/Del Friscos circle.

Mac's is reasonably priced and great atmosphere.

Pike's is a good place to bring kids and has a solid buffalo chicken sandwich.

JJ's is good and cheap.

Fig Tree is delicious. Bentleys on 27 is good, but apparently the building is on fire today. Midwood smokehouse is solid. Soul is a good tapas place.

I haven't been to Lulu since Jacksina went to Halcyon, but I have heard it's still good.

Well don't blame me if it sucks. I said I haven't been there. Tons of pub though. And how bad could you fuck up a steak or a piece of chicken anyway?

I ended up. At basil last night, which was delicious. And right across from your restaurant. How was it, and did you see the big swinging dick leaving basil.

ended up here

http://5church.com/menus/

main food was very solid

got the stuffed trout, white bean stew, perogies and kale risotto--all were very tasty

cool space

wine and cocktail list kind of pedestrian

the desserts were average at best

Anyone have a lawn service they would recommend? SouthPark if it's any consolation in the rec.

i have no idea what "consolation in the rec" means.

Charleston was too expensive this weekend so I snagged a priceline deal at the Omni.

We haven't spent any time beyond football games in Charlotte, no idea what to do besides hit up NoDa. Looking for dinner and brunch recs preferably within walking or short cab distance. We are young and pretty poor, would prefer fun over fine.

Charleston was too expensive this weekend so I snagged a priceline deal at the Omni.

We haven't spent any time beyond football games in Charlotte, no idea what to do besides hit up NoDa. Looking for dinner and brunch recs preferably within walking or short cab distance. We are young and pretty poor, would prefer fun over fine.

Hit up Dandelion. Only a couple of blocks from your hotel.

If the Knights are in town, go to a game. Hang out before/afterwards at Hooligans. Definitely head to NoDa...stop by NoDa brewing and then make your way to Crepe Cellar for a burger and pestro brie fries, and then walk next door for good beer/drinks at Growlers. Looks like a shitty weather weekend, otherwise I'd recommend heading out to the Whitewater Center.

Last edited:
If you're in town tonight, take the light rail or walk along the light rail trail down to food truck Friday in Southend.

Back