• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Need Recs for the best restaurants in charlotte

Similar list from 7 months ago.

https://charleston.eater.com/maps/best-bars-charlotte-north-carolina

o_3.0.jpg

What's a good order there?

I don't know I just pick rendom shit that appeals to me. Pretty sure you can go off menu if you know your way around Chinese food or just ask for whatever's best though.

Also, Shake Shack is salty and overpriced. Lots of better burgers out there.

Biff really seems like the type of Charlottean that you read about in the "3 types of people you're guaranteed to meet in Charlotte" articles

Kinda like 3 awsome people you're guaranteed to meet at Wake Forest.

Went to that new(ish) Hawker's place in South End last night. For chain "Asian street food" I came away impressed. Inexpensive, lively atmosphere, and very tasty.

Now, the line of 75 people right next door waiting for Jeni's chain "craft" ice cream is something I'll never understand. Nor will I ever wait in it.

I’ve been to the jeni’s in Ohio before when I happened to be next to the place. It’s just ice cream. People read a stupid online review that’s probably paid for and will line up for anything.

Anyone have a kid that wants to make money by letting my dog out twice a day this upcoming Thursday through Monday? I’m already in Scotland and our plans for him fell through. Friendly dog (towards humans, not so much other dogs), fenced in yard so no walking, house near SouthPark. PM me.

Now, the line of 75 people right next door waiting for Jeni's chain "craft" ice cream is something I'll never understand. Nor will I ever wait in it.
I’ve been to the jeni’s in Ohio before when I happened to be next to the place. It’s just ice cream. People read a stupid online review that’s probably paid for and will line up for anything.

They just opened a Jeni's in NoDa, actually. No line, ice cream is pretty good, and it's right next to the new Wooden Robot spot with the rooftop bar + regular food truck. That whole building is money, and walking distance from my apt :D

It's still $5 for two 1/2 scoops of ice cream. I do want to check out the new Wooden Robot, though.

Went to that new(ish) Hawker's place in South End last night. For chain "Asian street food" I came away impressed. Inexpensive, lively atmosphere, and very tasty.

You should have seen that line when it opened a year ago. I live about a 10 minute walk away and the line is always crazy. I second the Hawker's recommendation.

They just opened a Jeni's in NoDa, actually. No line, ice cream is pretty good, and it's right next to the new Wooden Robot spot with the rooftop bar + regular food truck. That whole building is money, and walking distance from my apt :D

Good Morning Vietnam is the best beer in Charlotte. I wish they sold it at Teeter so I didn't have to get buy crowlers all the time.

Back