• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Need Recs for the best restaurants in charlotte

went to Fiamma again last night and it's the best italian restaurant in town. I love that place.

LOL. Yes. Also better than Olive Garden and Dominos.

RSF,
You been to Idlewild yet? Looks like a cool cocktail bar.

Wow ! the Uptown Hooters has also attracted Colin Kaepernick the night before a playoff game.

went to Fiamma again last night and it's the best italian restaurant in town. I love that place.

Fiamma just has too much stuff on their menu.

I really like Stagioni.

No reason to make fun of Mama Ricotta's. It's very solid.

Yeah MR is solid in everything they do. Looking at Fiamma's menu, and having plenty of guidos in my family, fuck any wannabe Italian restaurant that doesn't have lasagna on the menu. Just another bullshit hipster restaurant premised on how much unusual shit they can cram together in each dish in a desperate cry for uniqueness over actual quality. I don't need an Italian place serving fucking tuna, I need it to make the best meatballs in town.

Yeah MR is solid in everything they do. Looking at Fiamma's menu, and having plenty of guidos in my family, fuck any wannabe Italian restaurant that doesn't have lasagna on the menu. Just another bullshit hipster restaurant premised on how much unusual shit they can cram together in each dish in a desperate cry for uniqueness over actual quality. I don't need an Italian place serving fucking tuna, I need it to make the best meatballs in town.

Yeah, there's no seafood in Italy anyway.

This is a hilariously bad take. I bet you really enjoy the local, authentic Italian flavor of Macaroni Grille, too.

*Fredos

So Italian-Americans from Brooklyn don't eat Italian seafood dishes ? Is that what you're telling me ?

Holy Calamari !

RSF,
You been to Idlewild yet? Looks like a cool cocktail bar.

I tend to do breweries over cocktail bars, but I'll check it out. Haberdish is my go-to spot for a cocktail bar right now, mostly because their tonic water is homemade and v v v v v v good.

I'm planning on checking out some of the stuff in Optimist Hall this week. They did a soft open at the start of the month and the vendors there so far (highlighted by Bao+Broth and Dumpling Lady) are supposed to be dope. Apparently Fonta Flora Brewing is gonna have a new spot there too.

I'm interested to see how good Bao+Broth is, actually. I don't know much about ramen, but I really dig Futo Buta... If Bao+Broth is on that level, could be dangerous to have it so close to where I live lol

Last edited:
It's got to be some relief to know you'll never run into 2&2 at a decent restaurant or bar in CLT.

And in seriousness, Fonta Flora is amazing. Nice get for Charlotte.

Last edited:
Back