• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Need Recs for the best restaurants in charlotte

Does homemade tonic water come from a cloud? If so let's start yelling and maybe we'll make it rain.

Sweet, I don't have to wait for 2&2 to leave the bar at Haberdish.

I tend to do breweries over cocktail bars, but I'll check it out. Haberdish is my go-to spot for a cocktail bar right now, mostly because their tonic water is homemade and v v v v v v good.

I'm planning on checking out some of the stuff in Optimist Hall this week. They did a soft open at the start of the month and the vendors there so far (highlighted by Bao+Broth and Dumpling Lady) are supposed to be dope. Apparently Fonta Flora Brewing is gonna have a new spot there too.

I'm interested to see how good Bao+Broth is, actually. I don't know much about ramen, but I really dig Futo Buta... If Bao+Broth is on that level, could be dangerous to have it so close to where I live lol

Thanks. Yes, Haberdish is a favorite, particularly if Colleen is behind the bar.

Bao and Broth is not Futo level. Still a few restaurants yet to open in the food hall. Dumpling Lady has the longest line. Needs a bit more seating. Some people think a food hall is a great place to use as an office.

I've had Dumpling Lady from their truck and it's always good, so that's not surprising

bummer about Bao+Broth

Proposed new location, in the same old location, for Sycamore Brewing.

Portman_Front.jpg

https://www.charlotteagenda.com/183...xt-door-to-its-current-property-in-south-end/

Futo Buta is opening a spot in Asheville. Will be our 3rd new ramen joint in less than a year.

Thanks. Yes, Haberdish is a favorite, particularly if Colleen is behind the bar.

Pretty sure she'll be headed to the new spot in Plaza Midwood when they open, so enjoy it for now. My sister-in-law manages the back office for all of that family of restaurants. Great folks.

Now I'm sitting here wondering how many fellow boards posters I've sat unbeknownst with at the bar while grabbing a drink.

Back