• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Need Recs for the best restaurants in charlotte

marquee moon

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
I know there is a killer pub in the moria section of town but I am looking for the best charlotte has to offer and I am too lazy and busy right now to research it

Petter?

Terra on Providence Rd
Carpe Diem on Elizabeth Ave
Fig Tree on East 7th
McNinch House on Church St

I've enjoyed Cajun Queen on East 7th.

Not really in the same league with the options being discussed to this point. That said, at that price point, there are a LOT of better options than Cajun Queen IMO.

Ooooo, yeah, I forgot Good Food. I wan't as thrilled with it when I visited in September though.

Haven't been to Kalu. Upstream is nice, can't go wrong there, but I wouldn't call it the best in town. Best in that area is Barrington's on Fairview Rd.

Place I want to try but haven't yet is 5Church. Rubbins ate there and gave it a good review and it was bigtime during the DNC. Mainly steaks with some local fare.

http://5church.com/

I definitely want to try Lulu's. It's close to our neighborhood too, which is a plus.

In addition to those already mentioned, Bistro LaBon, Copper, Customshop, Liberty, Soul and Rooster's (uptown rather than Southpark IMO) are all favorites of mine. They cover a pretty diverse range of food and price ranges though rather than being in the running for best overall. I've had two bad experiences at Cowfish, but based on everyone's reviews, I'm planning to give it one more go. If you like beer, The Liberty often has one of the nicest (read: not largest) tap and bottle lists in Charlotte.

Last edited:
I definitely want to try Lulu's. It's close to our neighborhood too, which is a plus.

It's solid. Haven't been since their chef left for Halcyon though. I live close by as well. Lots of great options in the area, so I rarely get to LuLu's.

Back