• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Facebook Gold from Crazies

Oh, thanks internet!

"This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God's servants, who give their full time to governing."
-Romans 13:6

"'Tell us, then, what you think. Is it lawful to pay taxes to Caesar, or not?' But Jesus, aware of their malice, said, 'Why put me to the test, you hypocrites? Show me the coin for the tax.' And they brought him a denarius. And Jesus said to them, 'Whose likeness and inscription is this?' They said, 'Caesar's.' Then he said to them, 'Therefore render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's.'"
-Matthew 22:17-21

I firmly believe that there have been few things more damaging to the Christian tradition than the expansion of the prosperity gospel.

I firmly believe that there have been few things more damaging to the Christian tradition than the expansion of the prosperity gospel.

Agreed. It's amazing how many Christians celebrate greed and denigrate the poor and somehow believe it's scriptural.

I don't think I posted this here. It certainly applies.

http://www.christianitytoday.com/gl...nst-max-lucado-lifeway-survey.html?paging=off

Wealthier Americans are more likely to use two imprecatory prayers: for someone to get fired, and for “bad things to happen to bad people.” One-quarter of respondents with an annual income higher than $150,000 pray for “bad things to happen to bad people,” while only around 8 percent of respondents making less than $50,000 said they would do so. And nearly one in five Americans with incomes over $150,000 have prayed for someone to get fired; in contrast, only 1 in 20 Americans who make between $75,000 and $149,000 and only one in 100 Americans who make less than $30,000 say they have prayed the same.

Last edited:
Acts 2:41-45

41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized : and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls. 42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers. 43 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles. 44 And all that believed were together , and had all things common; 45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need. ..."

Now that's some commielib stuff right there.

why did God put all those numbers in there all the time? really annoying to read it that way.

Not sure where else to put this, but it made me laugh.

Mpls. Mayor Flashes Gang Sign with Convicted Felon; Law Enforcement Outraged

j6cicpp6w16sqqrujetk.jpg

The spokesperson also says the man in the photo is well regarded by the nonprofit that employs him and the mayor is simply "pointing at him" in the photo. Retired Minneapolis police officer Michael Quinn, who also managed the department's Internal Affairs Unit, says the photo is "disappointing because it puts police officers at risk."

When asked to respond to the mayor's statement that she is just "pointing at him," he said, "She can't be that naive. I cannot imagine."

Sheesh, maybe this should be on the Ferguson thread:

Local News Thinks Minneapolis Mayor Betsy Hodges Is in a Gang

Nekima Levy-Pounds, a law professor and columnist, calls the Pointergate story "appalling" and theorized that the police are angry with the mayor over her support for a body camera pilot program in the department. She's also supporting an audit of the department by the U.S. Department of Justice; a draft report that the mayor saw, she wrote in an open letter to the community, showed that "commonly reported types of officer misconduct are lack of respect, unprofessional language or tone, and lack of cultural competence and sensitivity."

The police department in turn responds with statements showing....a lack of cultural competence and sensitivity. Interesting.

well, he didn't say anything about gun control; so i guess that means God is against gun control

"Jesus would never advocate turning the other cheek to terrorists and America's enemies"

LOLLLLLLLLs

warrior-jesus.jpg

There are actually quite an abundance of images to choose from on the google image search.

dat hair doe

After Crushing Defeat In NY, Residents Are Planning Something HUGE
New Yorkers are pissed and with good reason. After the 2014 midterm elections, it’s become astoundingly clear how much of an adverse effect New York City has on the rest of the state, and many are ready to do away with the big apple for good via secession.
http://madworldnews.com/ny-residents-planning-something-huge/

Someone needs to tell Mr. Brunt the awful truth about the gays getting married, BENGHAZI, and "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor",

Is it really against the law to say, "Merry Christmas" in America?!?! HOLY SHIT

Saw this poster at the movie theatre this weekend.

savingchristmas_sm.jpg

Back