• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Facebook Gold from Crazies

Good money to be made in selling a narrative to frightened Christians.

Cameron's earlier Left Behind movies grossed around $ 4 million (essentially breaking even), Santorum's Christmas Candle movie grossed $ 2 Million, The latest Left Behind movie with Nick Cage and Lea Thompson grossed $18 Million, again essentially breaking even. Conservatives allegedly believe in free markets, but these movies are hardly blockbusters and people are voting with their feet. These movies aren't drawing huge audiences and changing people's views, so how do guys like Santorum, who's now a family values film company CEO, explain this rejection?

Cameron's earlier Left Behind movies grossed around $ 4 million (essentially breaking even), Santorum's Christmas Candle movie grossed $ 2 Million, The latest Left Behind movie with Nick Cage and Lea Thompson grossed $18 Million, again essentially breaking even. Conservatives allegedly believe in free markets, but these movies are hardly blockbusters and people are voting with their feet. These movies aren't drawing huge audiences and changing people's views, so how do guys like Santorum, who's now a family values film company CEO, explain this rejection?

My guess would be that they see these films as more of a mission based project than a revenue generator. They are trying to evangelize and proselytize more than monetize, and if they can hit the trifecta, great.

That's been going on for awhile. There was some poster on the NC State board who was a hard core white supremacist/conspiracy theorist who pushed this nutty "theory" from the get go. Forget the guy's name, but he got a global ban from the entire Scout network.

Yeah, I dug into it a little this morning. Something about Obama using the hoax to try and get gun control passed. Obviously that worked out pretty well for Obama, since no one has guns now.

You realize that "break even" still means that the director, producer, talent, caterer, etc all got paid mucho dinero, right? Peeps are making plenty of cash off the devout with these f films.

Yeah, I dug into it a little this morning. Something about Obama using the hoax to try and get gun control passed. Obviously that worked out pretty well for Obama, since no one has guns now.

The Obama gun control mythology has been very effective in campaigning and raising money for a long time.

Palin's movie grossed around $1 Million. Saw something that said her channel had 36K views in the last month compared to 15 Million views for Beck's channel during the same period. Despite those data points, there are still some hardcore Palin backers who are not only convinced that she'll run in 2016 and win both the GOP nomination and the general election easily. Yikes.

You realize that "break even" still means that the director, producer, talent, caterer, etc all got paid mucho dinero, right? Peeps are making plenty of cash off the devout with these f films.

No doubt, but my main point is that there isn't a huge market for these films. $18 Million is a strong opening week for big movies, but is not great for an extended run. $4 Million and $2 Million runs are dog shit.

The Obama gun control mythology has been very effective in campaigning and raising money for a long time.

It absolutely has. So are you saying the Sandy Hook hoax is itself a hoax by the gun lobby to legitimize fears that Obama is working to take away guns? The rabbit hole gets deeper.

No doubt, but my main point is that there isn't a huge market for these films. $18 Million is a strong opening week for big movies, but is not great for an extended run. $4 Million and $2 Million runs are dog shit.

On the other hand, the movies made by the church who did Fireproof are made for pennies and do very well. The genre isn't necessarily the problem. Their last film made $34.5M and opened 4th at the box office.

Well apparently there are people who believe sandy hook was a hoax. Just posted by a Facebook "friend"

http://www.politicalears.com/blog/f...hook-was-exercise-misreported-created-crisis/

Interesting product ad on that website:

redknife-25792.1398490980.1280.1280.png

Hahaha, I just noticed the "buy 5 get 1 free" deal. Because clearly everyone needs six of these.

Back