• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Facebook Gold from Crazies

I'm reallly glad I decided against getting that Mike Dukakis tattoo back in my younger days. Whew!

has nothing to do with the election but if everyone is ok with it, I'd enjoy reading ridiculous shit from people's fbook year-round.

From Aryn:

The more I learn about the human body in anatomy, the more I'm amazed by how awesome our God is

I thought this shit would stop after the election but I was completely wrong.

For the Ivory Tower people ridiculing the secession petitions:

Is there any line that the federal government can cross that would cause you to support secession? You can either blindly follow the herd off the cliff or you can join with those who realize the impending doom that is this country and its fragile freedoms at this time.
15 likes so far.

not fb, but my boss and i somehow wound up discussing the whole petraeus mess this morning (mistress lives just a bit down the road from me, which is what sparked the conversation), and he tried to tell me that the only reason it was in the press was because it wasn't something negative about the president himself. i was like "huh? oooooooh, i forgot...you watch fox news." and he goes "well you HAVE to if you want to get real news! nobody else tells the truth!"

i was like "huh? oooooooh, i forgot...you watch fox news." and he goes "well you HAVE to if you want to get real news! nobody else tells the truth!"
I've had this exact conversation with more people than I care to count. They always believe CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, USA Today, the AP, Reuters, PBS, and every local newspaper are part of a liberal conspiracy to keep the truth from the American people, and only Fox News has the nutsack to go against the system and report the facts and nothing but.

my grandfather said the same thing.
he came over the other night claiming Petraeus had been fired because he was the one taking the fall for Libya and it's a shame the President isn't catching more hell for that... etc etc.
My little bro busted out his iPhone and pulled up the NPR article about Petraeus' affair; my grandfather says "well I haven't heard anything about that."
My mother lost it at that and said "well now watching Fox News you wouldnt, would you."

granddad was speechless, but 5min later claimed Fox News was the only station that you could trust to tell the truth.

I've had this exact conversation with more people than I care to count. They always believe CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, USA Today, the AP, Reuters, PBS, and every local newspaper are part of a liberal conspiracy to keep the truth from the American people, and only Fox News has the nutsack to go against the system and report the facts and nothing but.

Duh! Fox News tells us that's the truth and why would they just make that up???

They wouldn't! Because Fox News tells us the truth. They tell us that they tell the truth, so that is clearly not made up either.

one of my coworkers this morning started ranting about how obama had never turned in a budget. i go "he's turned them in. they just haven't ever passed." and he swears up and down he's never turned them in, then goes "it's not even LEGAL to not turn them in. there's an amendment about it!"

so i pulled up the fact checker and made him read it. stupid fox news crap.

i don't understand people. do they really, truly believe the President is full of illicit activity and it's just going unsung because he's a democrat... and that Fox News is the only hard-hitting network to get to the bottom of some big discovery?

i fully believe there is lots that goes on that i don't know about, but nothing to the effect of not turning in a budget.

yeah, i read the majority of this thread and thought "dang, i'm thankful that most of my friends aren't posting things like this." but then i start talking to my coworkers. and granted, i LIKE my coworkers. i like my job. but there's like 3 of us left-leaning individuals in the office, and we are just WAY outnumbered. something about having a bunch of die-hard republicans together gives them some sort of ability to say really stupid things and still have people agreeing with them.

oh, i also love how one of our executives regularly rants about how obama is destroying the economy, but we're doing budget meetings right now, and he keeps saying "that's too much money. we're making too much. we can't have that kind of increase."

so we're all going to go bankrupt, but we're making too much money. that makes sense. i also happen to work in an industry that tends to lead the economy. like if we're on the upswing, then the rest of the economy is going to come along behind us very shortly. it's not like we're in some industry that runs completely counter to the economy.

yeah, i read the majority of this thread and thought "dang, i'm thankful that most of my friends aren't posting things like this." but then i start talking to my coworkers. and granted, i LIKE my coworkers. i like my job. but there's like 3 of us left-leaning individuals in the office, and we are just WAY outnumbered. something about having a bunch of die-hard republicans together gives them some sort of ability to say really stupid things and still have people agreeing with them.

This is pretty true where I work as well. These people huddle around Fox News and a cup of coffee every morning and just shake their heads about the doom and gloom they get on Fox and Friends...meanwhile our company has been growing and hiring like gangbusters over the past couple of years, especially the last 6-8 months, and opened offices in three new geographies.

oh, i also love how one of our executives regularly rants about how obama is destroying the economy, but we're doing budget meetings right now, and he keeps saying "that's too much money. we're making too much. we can't have that kind of increase."

Do you work for a non-profit? Otherwise wtf?

Not from Facebook but this is crazy induced gold:

Ok how about Obama telling his supporters to take out their revenge on white people, men and the rich by voting for him and Romney asking people to vote because they love their country.

Then tell me who he was talking about then. Revenge against Romney? He held no office or power. He was advocating revenge against somebody. Who was it?

That is one of my favorite things about this adminstration. They say something really crazy (which they actually believe BTW) and then their handlers come out, walk it back and tell everyone ," Well what they meant to say...." or What they really meant is....."

Back