Page 17 of 731 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021222767117517 ... LastLast

Thread: Facebook Gold from Crazies

Not from Facebook but this is crazy induced gold:

Quote Originally Posted by 89DeaconMike View Post
    Ok how about Obama telling his supporters to take out their revenge on white people, men and the rich by voting for him and Romney asking people to vote because they love their country.
    Then tell me who he was talking about then. Revenge against Romney? He held no office or power. He was advocating revenge against somebody. Who was it?
    That is one of my favorite things about this adminstration. They say something really crazy (which they actually believe BTW) and then their handlers come out, walk it back and tell everyone ," Well what they meant to say...." or What they really meant is....."
    Football. Bloody Hell.

where are those quotes from? that last one has GOP written allllllllll over it.
    I know how to spell definitely.

Carnal Decadence
    Quote Originally Posted by lbE08 View Post
    where are those quotes from? that last one has GOP written allllllllll over it.
    Click on the little arrows to the right of "Originally Posted by 89DeaconMike" and it will take you to the post.

Scooter Banks

Just saw this one. Looney toons.

"There is going to be a "freedom" vs. "statist" election coming up sometime soon. The Statist have won the last bunch (Bush I, Clinton, Bush II, Obama).

The GOP will have to co opt the Libertarian party to remain relevant. if we continue down the Statist path, we are doomed. Thank god I will have enough $ to expat. I feel horrible for the 20-35 year olds."

Quote Originally Posted by dot com View Post
    Do you work for a non-profit? Otherwise wtf?
    not a non-profit. but we're a publicly traded retail company, who posted a 40% increase in EPS last year. that's obviously just not a sustainable growth pattern. it's normal for public companies to want to tone down the really good years a bit, because eventually there will be a rough year, and you don't want really, really tough comps. if you post 40% growth every single year, then eventually you have a year of just 20% growth (which is obviously still phenomenal), and the market just HAMMERS you because it's not what they're accustomed to.

this is why december 31 is actually the single biggest selling day in our industry. tons of companies get to the end of the year, panic because they have way too much profit, and they go buy a whole bunch of crap to help get rid of their excess profit.

Quote Originally Posted by BeachBumDeac View Post
    This story has so many odd wrinkles. A gay tan-shop owner in Key West committed suicide based on the election of Obama? The police actually were checking in on the guy because a friend requested it?

On second thought, this seems fishy. I'm thinking Benghazi.

Also I love the very last line of the story. Just an FYI for any confused readers.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadbolt View Post
    This is pretty true where I work as well. These people huddle around Fox News and a cup of coffee every morning and just shake their heads about the doom and gloom they get on Fox and Friends...meanwhile our company has been growing and hiring like gangbusters over the past couple of years, especially the last 6-8 months, and opened offices in three new geographies.
    It's even better here. I work for a government contractor and yet people bitch and moan like crazy about government spending. They truly believe that every project they've ever worked on was worthwhile and that they earned every nickel the government spent on them, but that there is a mysterious world of "other" projects apparently run entirely by minorities that serve absolutely no purpose. This would be more obviously laughable if you could grasp the extreme level of fail currently going on here.

Carnal Decadence
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooshmoo View Post
    Just saw this one. Looney toons.

"There is going to be a "freedom" vs. "statist" election coming up sometime soon. The Statist have won the last bunch (Bush I, Clinton, Bush II, Obama).

The GOP will have to co opt the Libertarian party to remain relevant. if we continue down the Statist path, we are doomed. Thank god I will have enough $ to expat. I feel horrible for the 20-35 year olds."
    He might be surprised that some might wish to expat to get away from him.

Rusty Larue
    Quote Originally Posted by DCDeac View Post
    It's even better here. I work for a government contractor and yet people bitch and moan like crazy about government spending. They truly believe that every project they've ever worked on was worthwhile and that they earned every nickel the government spent on them, but that there is a mysterious world of "other" projects apparently run entirely by minorities that serve absolutely no purpose. This would be more obviously laughable if you could grasp the extreme level of fail currently going on here.
    Do you work for this guy?

Please post this to any nonsense post on FB

Jobs created January 2009: -820,000*
    Jobs created February 2009: -681,000*
    Jobs Created March 2009: -652,000*
    Avg Number of *Jobs Created in 2012: +146,000*

Dow record high, October 9, 2007: 14,164.43*
    Dow on March 5, 2009: 6,594.44*
    Dow at close of business, October 5, 2012: 13,610.15*

GDP Growth 1st Quarter 2009: -6.7%*
    GDP Growth 2d Quarter 2009: -0.7%*
    GDP Growth 1st Quarter 2012: +3.0%*
    GDP Growth 2d Quarter 2012: +2.0%*

Household Wealth, January 2008: $62.7 trillion*
    Household Wealth, January 2009: $51.5 trillion*
    Household Wealth, March 2012: $62.9 trillion*

Quote Originally Posted by THE DEUCE View Post
    Please post this to any nonsense post on FB

Jobs created January 2009: -820,000*
    Jobs created February 2009: -681,000*
    Jobs Created March 2009: -652,000*
    Avg Number of *Jobs Created in 2012: +146,000*

Dow record high, October 9, 2007: 14,164.43*
    Dow on March 5, 2009: 6,594.44*
    Dow at close of business, October 5, 2012: 13,610.15*

GDP Growth 1st Quarter 2009: -6.7%*
    GDP Growth 2d Quarter 2009: -0.7%*
    GDP Growth 1st Quarter 2012: +3.0%*
    GDP Growth 2d Quarter 2012: +2.0%*

Household Wealth, January 2008: $62.7 trillion*
    Household Wealth, January 2009: $51.5 trillion*
    Household Wealth, March 2012: $62.9 trillion*
    Strenght of the Dollar in comparative years?

fall from 121.02 in July 2001 to 70.69 in March 2008

Quote Originally Posted by THE DEUCE View Post
    fall from 121.02 in July 2001 to 70.69 in March 2008
    The Federal Reserve is full of good, hard working, people who are above reproach and need no audits of any kind. I'm glad they are stabilizing our economy and safeguarding our savings.

• ME: Maybe the insane hard line stance on immigration has turned Latinos away from the Republican Party and that led to those exit poll numbers? Most of their core social values are conservative, however. Pro-life, hard on crime, etc. etc.

*name removed*
    • They come for the free lunch Paul, it far outweighs the concern about immigration, pregnant women risk crossing the desert to give birth in the U.S. for the meal ticket. They are true Democrats, have Uncle Sam take care of everything, sponge off the working class, collect free benefits . Tough on crime, my ass! They broke the law entering the country. I have lived in So. Ca. for over 34 years and have witnessed the decline of quality of life 1st hand (Graffiti, gang bangers, lower wages in most labor fields). California's debt is usually about the same amount it cost the state to house these so called "Conservative, tough on crime" Latino's".
    Football. Bloody Hell.

A Young Go-Hard
    Quote Originally Posted by deacvision7 View Post

• ME: Maybe the insane hard line stance on immigration has turned Latinos away from the Republican Party and that led to those exit poll numbers? Most of their core social values are conservative, however. Pro-life, hard on crime, etc. etc.

*name removed*
    • They come for the free lunch Paul, it far outweighs the concern about immigration, pregnant women risk crossing the desert to give birth in the U.S. for the meal ticket. They are true Democrats, have Uncle Sam take care of everything, sponge off the working class, collect free benefits . Tough on crime, my ass! They broke the law entering the country. I have lived in So. Ca. for over 34 years and have witnessed the decline of quality of life 1st hand (Graffiti, gang bangers, lower wages in most labor fields). California's debt is usually about the same amount it cost the state to house these so called "Conservative, tough on crime" Latino's".
    I feel bad agreeing with some of that, but I do. Illegal immigration is illegal. I support giving current illegals amnesty, but I wish that there was some feasible, realistic way to take a hard stance and prevent future illegal immigration.
    Draxx them sklounst

Illegal immigrants don't vote. It was a complete red herring.
    Football. Bloody Hell.

A Young Go-Hard
    good point, I wasn't even thinking about that post being irrelevant to your post.
    Draxx them sklounst

They vote by the billions. Yet another reason for a photo id.