• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Facebook Gold from Crazies

Couple of examples from my page.

My cousin, who works in law enforcement and does polygraphs on pedophiles, is taking his Obamaphobia to a new level. The First Family will be going to Hawaii for Christmas. It's costing the taxpayers millions of dollars. This has bent him all out of shape, but it would be the same no matter who it was. The Secret Service is not going to economize when it comes to protecting the president. This is standard procedure and, in a sense, out of Obama's hands. Focus on things that matter.

http://www.hawaiireporter.com/residents-alerted-to-obamas-hawaiian-holiday-plans/123

Then we have my Obamabot black friend. Any opposition from the GOP has to be race-based. He ran a picture of Obama juxtaposed with Romney in which the caption reads: "Say it Romney. "' My president is black.'" And there is no way on God's green earth he could debate you on any policy position Obama has taken.

The cost of the Hawaii trip must have been on Fox News this morning as several people have posted that.

My dumb friend kept going:
Paul, You Assume most of 'Their core beliefs' are conservative however, they have not voted that way in over a generation. Siding with lawbreakers and ignoring the rule of law due to race is well, racist. With out any form of voter I.D. no one can be certain of the legality of any voter, regardless of Party affiliation. You Broadly paint Hispanics of having core conservative values, Astounding!
me:
How long do you define a generation? How many years?
dummy:
My guess would be about 40 years or so. ie; Baby Boomers , 1944-1960.
me:
"Bush raised his share of the Hispanic vote from 35% in 2000 to 44% in 2004. The surveys, known as exit polls, indicated that Hispanics were 8% of the electorate, an increase from 6% in 2000. More than 9 million Hispanics voted, compared with 6 million four years ago."
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/politicselections/2004-11-10-hispanic-voters_x.htm

I'd like to remind you that George W. Bush, while I had many qualms with a lot of his policies, wasn't a hard line, short-sighted fool when it came to immigration policy.

And please don't argue that W "only getting" 44% means that Hispanics were still Democrats then, as that would mean that you think all white males are still Republicans today.
And I can assure you, that isn't the case.
dummy:
I concede the takers have now out number the makers in this country. Enjoy the shared misery your party represents. You seem like an intelligent you man Paul I hope you feel enlightened in life pulling the cart with the freeloaders in it the rest of your working life. The H.S. drop out rate in the nation is now about 44%, my guess these are also future Democrat voters. Success in life is now looked down upon and used as an envy stick to beat down the hard working class, Astounding.
me:
Where are you getting that absurd 44% number? Who made that one up and why are you passing it along like it is some sort of fact?

"Based on the CPS, the status dropout rate declined from 12 percent in 1990 to 7 percent in 2010 (see table A-33-1).
(...)
"The status dropout rate includes all 16- through 24-year-old dropouts, regardless of when they last attended school, as well as individuals who may never have attended school in the United States and may never have earned a high school credential."
http://nces.ed.gov/programs/coe/indicator_sde.asp
http://nces.ed.gov/programs/coe/figures/figure-sde-1.asp

Those are the latest numbers that I see from the NCES.

And you said you live in California, right? In that state the HS graduation on time rate is climbing.

"SACRAMENTO—Graduation rates among California's public school students are climbing and dropout rates are falling, with the biggest gains being made among English learners and the state's largest minority groups, State Superintendent of Public Instruction Tom Torlakson announced today.

More than three quarters, or 76.3 percent, of students who started high school in 2007 graduated with their class in 2011. That is up 1.5 percentage points from the 2010 graduation rate. Larger gains were seen among Hispanic and African American students at 2.2 and 2.3 percentage points respectively, with the biggest increase being among English learners at 3.8 percentage points. The graduation rate for socioeconomically disadvantaged students climbed nearly 2 percentage points, from 68.1 to 70 percent."
http://www.cde.ca.gov/nr/ne/yr12/yr12rel65.asp

I know making up numbers can be fun. Hell, I do it 1,733,891 times every 5 seconds, but sometimes we should just try to stick to the facts.

And now you can have the last word if you wish.

He hasn't responded, but I can't do it any longer. It has outlived its humor side to me and is just frustrating at this point.

yeah... a petition to tell obama to stop using our money on vacation. Funny I never heard an outrage over W's 6 week retreats.

I'm not defending him at all, but I think those trips were different because Crawford became essentially a second WH. By that I mean, that he was very consistent in where he traveled, and he spent almost all of his vacations there.

Isn't Obama from Hawaii just like W is from Texas?

Does Obama have a home in Hawaii already? W. had a ranch in Texas that he owned before being POTUS. The situations are not apples to apples.

So what is the problem that FOXNews has with the expenses of the President's Hawaii vacation?

A) The President of the United States should not go home for Christmas.
B) He should be going to his real home in Kenya.
C) It's not worth taxpayer money to protect the President of the United States.
D) The Secret Service is an example of "Big Government" that should be privatized.

Can somebody please explain this to me?

I'd like to see the facts behind "Millions" of dollars. I don't understand why people have a problem with Obama going home for Xmas.

I understand your argument but if you compare the vacation time between Obama and W, it is not even close.

"George W. Bush spent 32 months at his ranch (490 days) or Camp David (487 days) — an average of four months away every year."
"POTUS Tracker, compiled by The Washington Post, shows that from January 2009 to October 31, 2012, Obama spent all or part of 72 vacation days in a variety of places, mostly Hawaii in the winter and Martha's Vineyard in the summer."theweek.com

Of course he isn't. That's what makes this and the fuss about W clearing brush ridiculous.

Do you think the POTUS is ever on vacation?

All your responses on this thread (at least tonight) make me think you are a fucking moron. What the fuck are you even arguing?

Are you just trying to start shit for starting shit sake? If so, I get it. If not, you're a fucking idiot.

Complaining about a President's "vacation" location? Good fucking God. You sad fucking bastard. (unless this was all a wind up, then well done.)

Of course he isn't. That's what makes this and the fuss about W clearing brush ridiculous.

completely agree with you.

any bitching about presidents going on vacation or playing golf (or anything else trivial) is just so freaking stupid.

If anybody needs to go out and play a round, it's the President.

If anybody needs to go out and play a round, it's the President.

Or kick back with a beer.

It's why President Romney would've never worked. All the stress would've built up in him until he killed a hooker just to feel relaxed.

surprised he won't be in Chapel Hill playing pickup with the Tar Holes

Random facebook user:

Claire Young My guess is someone "paid off" the Supreme Court justices to rule in favor of Obamacare. In our entire country's history the government has NEVER MANDATED to any private citizen what they MUST BUY or PAY A TAX. It will be interesting to see what the next "mandate" is going to be, and when that happens I hope the American people pick up their political pitchforks and run these crooks out of office.

Back