• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Facebook Gold from Crazies

As a nation we're at 90% + employment but "half the nation is sitting around letting the other half pay the bills".

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure 90% is substantially more than half.

Of all the problems this country has with its benefits systems, I can pretty much guarantee that single dudes buying houses for their unemployed baby mamas is about 1,000th on the list. Much, much more likely that baby mama is the one who is employed and owns/rents the house, and dad is in prison or persona non grata.

As a nation we're at 90% + employment but "half the nation is sitting around letting the other half pay the bills".

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure 90% is substantially more than half.

Those figures are of people looking for work so it's not really 90%. There are more adults not working now than than at any time since the 60's. It's also not anywhere near half that are a problem. It is a small amount in the big scheme of things, but dis-incentivizing marriage at all is unsmart.

Those figures are of people looking for work so it's not really 90%. There are more adults not working now than than at any time since the 60's. It's also not anywhere near half that are a problem. It is a small amount in the big scheme of things, but dis-incentivizing marriage at all is unsmart.

Who is disincentivizing marriage? The Supreme Court arguably just democratized marriage.

i think ya'll are seriously over-estimating poor people and their knowledge of the tax code and ways to manipulate it

This. Also, the story in that graphic is about as convincing as the interracial breakfast conversation that someone posted awhile. Historically, conservatives are far better at coming up with doomsday welfare abuse scenarios than welfare recipients are at abusing welfare programs.

There are more marriage incentives in the United States than almost any other country in the world.

FetaFace has spoken, so must it be!

If you guys don't think that the breakdown in the family unit is a problem, then I don't know what to tell you, other than I sincerely hope I'm wrong and you're right.

There are more marriage incentives in the United States than almost any other country in the world.
That's the problem. We need to be punishing poor single mothers for being single mothers. Spare the rod, spoil the poor. We shouldn't be rewarding people for having common sense and decency, we should be punishing those without.

FetaFace has spoken, so must it be!

If you guys don't think that the breakdown in the family unit is a problem, then I don't know what to tell you, other than I sincerely hope I'm wrong and you're right.

The breakdown in the family unit is a serious problem - that's why we should stop putting so many young men behind bars for minor drug offenses and provide quality sex education (including access to contraceptives) to all young people.

The breakdown in the family unit is a serious problem - that's why we should stop putting so many young men behind bars for minor drug offenses and provide quality sex education (including access to contraceptives) to all young people.

+1

Which Republican candidates endorse these policies?

11951326_1644215335791258_7787903225315461341_n.jpg

While suturing a cut on the hand of a 75 year old rancher, the doctor struck up a conversation with the old man.

Eventually the topic got around to Obama and his role as our president.

The old rancher said, 'Well, ya know, Obama is a 'Post Turtle''.

Not being familiar with the term, the doctor asked him, what a 'post turtle' was.

The old rancher said, 'When you're driving down a country road and you come across a fence post with a turtle balanced on top, that's a 'post turtle'.

The old rancher saw the puzzled look on the doctor's face so he continued to explain. "You know he didn't get up there by himself, he doesn't belong up there, he doesn't know what to do while he's up there, he's elevated beyond his ability to function, and you just wonder what kind of dumb ass put him up there to begin with."

Back