• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Facebook Gold from Crazies

I'm not mandated to pay taxes? Shit.

How much does it cost to protect the president on a daily basis.

I love DV7's guy, who says a generation is about 40 years, and proceeds to give an example of about 20 years. Nice.

I love DV7's guy, who says a generation is about 40 years, and proceeds to give an example of about 20 years. Nice.

He did eventually respond.

http://www.examiner.com/article/high-school-graduation-rates-for-latinos-lausd-are-decliningHigh school graduation rates for Latinos in LAUSD are declining
www.examiner.com With school years coming to a close and graduates throwing their caps in the air, where do Latinos in the Los Angeles Unified School District rank today?

So in defending his completely made up 44% number for HS dropouts NATIONWIDE. He then posts an article about latinos in high schools in LA. And even those numbers don't reach the 44% mark he randomly set. Genius.

Then he tried to get one more jab in, I believe to see if I would bite. I'm not sure what this had to do with anything we were talking about, but I digress.

The only thing worse than these #'s are the college students getting ripped off liberal pinhead professors.

Is the liberal college professor influence idea something FoxNews propagates? Because I've been told by several older conservatives that the only reason I didn't vote Republican is that my evil liberal professors poisoned my brain.

My wife's family have told us college ruined us. They're all Fox News acolytes. So maybe there's something to all that.

I thought it was well known that level of education correlates strongly with liberalism. I guess you can interpret that as "liberals becoming teachers/professors to inoculate the minds of our malleable children" but I don't.

I know this was posted somewhere on here last month:

531061_828427253053_1163319079_n.jpg

Last edited:
Do you think that they're spouting off conservative beliefs?

Do you think that they're spouting off conservative beliefs?

I think they're "spouting off" whatever their class is about, and they're generally "spouting off" things that have been peer reviewed and evidence based. If a student came and asked them specifically about their political beliefs, I think they would be happy to talk about them. But to think they're just lecturing all day about the evils of Republicans is just silly. Do you think every single human interaction is just an excuse to spout off your own political beliefs?

I'm a registered Democrat and have only given to Democratic candidates, but I very rarely talk to my co-workers (now classmates) about my political beliefs. I imagine it is the same in most professions.

How does that have anything to do with the batshit idea that professors somehow indoctrinate their students and force them to have liberal beliefs?

Professors indoctrinate their students with the radical idea that science is real and with the radical notion that you have to be able to defend your ideas with actual facts. Neither one of those concepts line up real well with the Republican Party as currently constituted. It wasn't always this way.

I think they're "spouting off" whatever their class is about, and they're generally "spouting off" things that have been peer reviewed and evidence based. Do you think every single human interaction is just an excuse to spout off your own political beliefs?

It's undeniable that a professor's politics are going to influence certain aspects of the classroom. I'm sure that it's less pronounced in math and hard science classes, but once you get into the liberal arts there's no question that politics influences discussion.

It's undeniable that a professor's politics are going to influence certain aspects of the classroom. I'm sure that it's less pronounced in math and hard science classes, but once you get into the liberal arts there's no question that politics influences discussion.

To me, it's the same as the purported "liberal bias" in the media. Most reporters are liberals, just like most college professors, because the profession tends to attract people with liberal sensibilities. But they still have a job to do, and for the most part, the job does not involve them spouting off their political beliefs.

There may be some slight influence on the discussion, but I think the cases where students are silenced or not allowed to argue their own side are few and far between. College professors NUT themselves over debate in their classes. And if a student gets "indoctrinated" by these liberal professors, doesn't that just mean they just agree with liberal points of view, and didn't realize it until they were exposed to those different points of view?

Can't really speak to that, I guess. Any specific examples? Did any of your liberal friends see the same thing you did?

I just think the "liberal college professors are brainwashing our children" thing is way overblown.

I just think the "liberal college professors are brainwashing our children" thing is way overblown.

especially when those same kids probably spent 18 years being "brainwashed" by the local pastor.

NOTE: I do not think all men of the cloth "brainwash" their congregation, merely pointing out how simple it would be to flip the argument.

maybe it is just that i was completely politically apathetic in college, but i never felt like my professors at wake were trying to push a certain political ideology on me. i'd be hard pressed to even put most of them on a political spectrum.

maybe it is just that i was completely politically apathetic in college, but i never felt like my professors at wake were trying to push a certain political ideology on me. i'd be hard pressed to even put most of them on a political spectrum.

I was mostly in science but I can't remember ever thinking of their politics either.

Back