• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Facebook Gold from Crazies

An email forward sent to our office's Info email box:

"Your first and only Christmas card"

T’was the month before Christmas
When all through our land,

Not a Christian was praying

Nor taking a stand.

Why the PC Police had taken away
The reason for Christmas - no one could say.

The children were told by their schools not to sing

About Shepherds and Wise Men and Angels and things.

It might hurt people's feelings, the teachers would say

December 25th is just a ' Holiday '.

Yet the shoppers were ready with cash, checks and credit

Pushing folks down to the floor just to get it!

CDs from Madonna, an X BOX, an I-Pod

Something was changing, something quite odd!

Retailers promoted Ramadan and Kwanzaa

In hopes to sell books by Franken & Fonda.

As Targets were hanging their trees upside down
At Lowe's the word Christmas - was no where to be found.

At K-Mart and Staples and Penny's and Sears
You won't hear the word Christmas; it won't touch your ears.

Inclusive, sensitive, Di-ver-is-ty

Are words that were used to intimidate me.

Now Daschle, Now Darden, Now Sharpton, Wolf Blitzen

On Boxer, on Rather, on Kerry, on Clinton !

At the top of the Senate, there arose such a clatter

To eliminate Jesus, in all public matter.

And we spoke not a word, as they took away our faith

Forbidden to speak of salvation and grace

The true Gift of Christmas was exchanged and discarded
The reason for the season, stopped before it started.

So as you celebrate 'Winter Break' under your 'Dream Tree'

Sipping your Starbucks, listen to me.

Choose your words carefully, choose what you say

Shout MERRY CHRISTMAS,
not Happy Holiday!

Please, all Christians join together and
wish everyone you meet

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Christ is The Reason for the Christ-mas Season!
If you agree please forward, if not, simply delete.

The idea that they're "oppressed" gives some attention seeking Christians such a hard on. I'm going to start wishing them a happy Saturnalia and watch their heads explode.

My buddy posted this...got a good bunch of people riled up.

66091_10151337759185056_1767802899_n.jpg

This little number was shared by a childhood friend's mom (from an email to her):

I, like many Americans, was deeply saddened by the reelection of Obama on November 6th. I was quick to be ashamed of America and the people who voted for him and also questioned why God would allow this to happen. Today I started to reflect upon what happened and why. Then it hit me that I wasn't trusting God and He is still in control! Perhaps God in his wisdom knew that Romney was not the right choice for us at this time. Perhaps God in his wisdom knew that whomever got elected was going to face huge problems and why shouldn't Obama be the one to shoulder that responsibility. After all he is the one who has misled, lied to the American people, and has further plans for the destruction of our Country as we have known and loved it. He now has to "inherit" his own mess and can't blame it on someone else. The media would have crucified Romney over the next four years for "ruining" Obama's hope and change plans and blamed him for all the problems. I
believe that our God will show this nation what happens when you allow Godless people to manage the gifts this nation has to offer and He provided for us. I believe He will expose Obama once and for all for the failure he is and our corrupt media will not be able to save him. I also believe that Obama's attitude and treatment of Israel is not looked upon by God as obeying his command and Obama will have to answer for that. We have another Congressional election coming up in two years and maybe we can get rid of some of the democratic critters that occupy Congress today. Maybe in four years we can run a winning ticket for President and Vice President. Maybe when America again suffers serious setbacks, people will realize what a weak and corrupt management team we have and be tired of it. I will not question God's wisdom or plans He has for us again, because He is in control and has always done what's best for us. We are reminded that prayer isn't always answered in the way we would like at the time, but God does answer our prayers in His time and in a way that is best for His children. So, let's keep the Faith, lay our worries at His feet and trust God to take care of us!

My wife has an old acquaitance who likes to send out mass emails of right wing propaganda. She probably gets about 5 or 6 or these emails a month from this lady who she has not actually spoken to in several years. Anyway, after one such email that was particularily full of falsehoods about Obama, my wife send an email back to this lady that said something like, "Hey Lisa, nice to hear from you. I just wanted to let you know that your latest email has been proven to be false and here is a link to snopes that confirms this email if just not true."

The Lady then responded with something like this, "Hey Susie, nice to hear from you too, hope you are well. Thanks for the link to snopes but quite frankly I don't care whether or not it is true. I just think that people should have this information and it is up them to decide what to do with it and that is why I send out these emails. Hope to see you soon!"

This is a 100% true exchange. This lady actually said in print, "I don't care whether or not it is true." I guess I should be floored, but this seems to be more and more typical of the Fox News crowd.

My wife has an old acquaitance who likes to send out mass emails of right wing propaganda. She probably gets about 5 or 6 or these emails a month from this lady who she has not actually spoken to in several years. Anyway, after one such email that was particularily full of falsehoods about Obama, my wife send an email back to this lady that said something like, "Hey Lisa, nice to hear from you. I just wanted to let you know that your latest email has been proven to be false and here is a link to snopes that confirms this email if just not true."

The Lady then responded with something like this, "Hey Susie, nice to hear from you too, hope you are well. Thanks for the link to snopes but quite frankly I don't care whether or not it is true. I just think that people should have this information and it is up them to decide what to do with it and that is why I send out these emails. Hope to see you soon!"

This is a 100% true exchange. This lady actually said in print, "I don't care whether or not it is true." I guess I should be floored, but this seems to be more and more typical of the Fox News crowd.

This is what the "Mark Sender as Junk" command is for.

I can't make this up..... apparently Opa Gangnam lyrics in english translate to Kill those Yankees or something of that matter and Obama invited the singer to the Christmas party (the crazies are in full-force) SMDH

Has this email been posted yet? Titled "67 Years Later"

Starts out "What happened to the radiation that lasts thousands of years?HIROSHIMA 1945"

Then shows a bunch of pictures of Hiroshima after the A bomb.

"We all know that Hiroshima and Nagasaki were destroyed in August 1945 after the explosion of atomic bombs. However, we know little about the progress made by the people of that land during the past 67 years. HIROSHIMA - 67 YEARS LATER"

Then shows a bunch of pictures of the city today looking fancy.

Then it gets interesting...

"DETROIT- 65 YEARS AFTER HIROSHIMA" (not sure why it is 65 years all of a sudden)

Pictures of Detroit looking crappy.

"What has caused more long term destruction -
the A-bomb,
or
Government welfare programs created to buy the
votes of those who want someone to take care of them
?

Japan does not have a welfare system.

Work for it or do without.
These are possibly the 5 best sentences you'll ever read and all applicable to this experiment:1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it!5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end of any nation.Can you think of a reason for not sharing this? Neither could I. "

Starts out "What happened to the radiation that lasts thousands of years?HIROSHIMA 1945"

"We all know that Hiroshima and Nagasaki were destroyed in August 1945 after the explosion of atomic bombs. However, we know little about the progress made by the people of that land during the past 67 years. HIROSHIMA - 67 YEARS LATER"

"DETROIT- 65 YEARS AFTER HIROSHIMA" (not sure why it is 65 years all of a sudden)

the A-bomb,
or
?

These are possibly the 5 best sentences you'll ever read and all applicable to this experiment:1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it!5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end of any nation.Can you think of a reason for not sharing this? Neither could I. "

Facepalm

Someone posted this today and I watched it twice and am still in amazement anyone would think this proves/disproves anything. Except that Kirk Cameron really fell off after Growing Pains.

Someone posted this today and I watched it twice and am still in amazement anyone would think this proves/disproves anything. Except that Kirk Cameron really fell off after Growing Pains.

Someone needs to remake this but using a highly poisonous food or deadly yet attractive animal that humans are generally drawn to...

the A-bomb,
or
?

Wow... I would troll the living hell out of whoever sent that to me

Not from Facebook, but some guy from the NC chapter of Americans for Prosperity was on the radio saying that the Koch brothers were not involved in public policy for their own self interest.

Back