• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Facebook Gold from Crazies

"My friend Jim Riley posted: "Wasn't the Connecticut killer just doing what abortionists do every day? It's a wonder we don't have more 20 year old "dads" doing what women and doctors have been an accomplice to for years in America. When you forget the TEN COMMANDMENTS, people, THIS is what you get.".......Victoria Jackson former SNL cast member tweet

So the two biggest themes flying around the crazy social media circle are:

"Removing god from our schools results in violence/death/shootings etc etc"

and

"The government is creating these violent episodes in an attempt to take away our guns."

Think about this for a second......the government creating this shooting to take away guns is actually the less insane theory flying around right now. That's how far we've gone as a society...

Builds on the Fast and Furious conspiracy theories.

So the two biggest themes flying around the crazy social media circle are:

"Removing god from our schools results in violence/death/shootings etc etc"

and

"The government is creating these violent episodes in an attempt to take away our guns."

Think about this for a second......the government creating this shooting to take away guns is actually the less insane theory flying around right now. That's how far we've gone as a society...

Nah bro, of those 2 options, I think it's way more likely that God allowed those little kids to be massacred to punish them for Thomas Jefferson and the rest of the dickhead Framers.

Nah bro, of those 2 options, I think it's way more likely that God allowed those little kids to be massacred to punish them for Thomas Jefferson and the rest of the dickhead Framers.

That how God rolls. Guy is a notorious asshole (lightning strike, nice knowing you).

not exactly crazy but it's what got me heated tonight.

fb friend said:
We will never understand this. We are not meant to. God has a plan for all of us, no matter how impossible it is to see that right now. Pray for those families, the school, the policemen- and know that those sweet children and heroic teachers and principal are watching over those they left behind from Heaven. Amen.

I put myself into the shoes of a parent who just lost a child and can't even comprehend rationalization like this. so all these things, these shootings, are just God's will? there's nothing we can change. bullshit. your God is a motherfucking asshole.

(apologies to those of faith who don't disregard the responsibility of humanity in events like this)

not exactly crazy but it's what got me heated tonight.

I put myself into the shoes of a parent who just lost a child and can't even comprehend rationalization like this. so all these things, these shootings, are just God's will? there's nothing we can change. bullshit. your God is a motherfucking asshole.

(apologies to those of faith who don't disregard the responsibility of humanity in events like this)

Understandable sentiment (yours), but people look to their religion to give them hope in a seemingly hopeless world. I try not to begrudge them that. That said, anyone offer these words to the loved ones of a victim is not helping and should be punched in the gut.

People are generally cool to believe whatever they want to believe, and I'd like there to be a heaven and angels and a God that loves me and all that neat stuff, but events like this make it more difficult for me to believe there is a supreme being watching out for us, listening to our prayers, etc.

Folks can try to reconcile this kind of horrific event with their belief in God, and again, if it brings them some level of personal comfort, that's fine. I got sent an article by a friend yesterday that basically said the existence of evil in the world is a "mystery" that we as lowly humans "could not begin to understand," and that if God tried to explain it to us, all we'd likely hear is "thunder." Okay.

twas' 11 days before Christmas, around 9:38
when 20 beautiful children stormed through heaven's gate.
their smiles were contagious, their laughter filled the ai
r.
they could hardly believe all the beauty they saw there.
they were fille
d with such joy, they didn't know what to say.
they remembered nothing of what had happened earlier that day.
"where are we?" asked a little girl, as quiet as a mouse.
"this is heaven." declared a small boy. "we're spending Christmas at God's house."
when what to their wondering eyes did appear,
but Jesus, their savior, the children gathered near.
He looked at them and smiled, and they smiled just the same.
then He opened His arms and He called them by name.
and in that moment was joy, that only heaven can bring
those children all flew into the arms of their King
and as they lingered in the warmth of His embrace,
one small girl turned and looked at Jesus' face.
and as if He could read all the questions she had
He gently whispered to her, "I'll take care of mom and dad."
then He looked down on earth, the world far below
He saw all of the hurt, the sorrow, and woe
then He closed His eyes and He outstretched His hand,
"Let My power and presence re-enter this land!"
"may this country be delivered from the hands of fools"
"I'm taking back my nation. I'm taking back my schools!"
then He and the children stood up without a sound.
"come now my children, let me show you around."
excitement filled the space, some skipped and some ran.
all displaying enthusiasm that only a small child can.
and i heard Him proclaim as He walked out of sight,
"in the midst of this darkness, I AM STILL THE LIGHT."

Man I hate people.

I have had enough with the bashing of Assault Weapons. Look morons the damn gun has to have an operator to make it work, yes it has the capabilities of a 30 or so round magazine BUT and .38 caliber pistol that hold six in the cylinder kills just as well as an Assault Rifle. Good Lord you tree hugging dirt worshipping electric car driving assholes need to realize that it not the gun it the person u
sing it. Ok let's take guns away from law abiding citizens to then make only criminals have them, that's a fabulous idea you dumb shits. Why not remove tobacco products they kill more people than guns do? Hell why were at it lets take cars away and all walk since motor vehicle accidents kill people as well. I get the whole "how many bad apples does it take to ruin a bushel" thing but taking guns away from law abiding citizens is a damn joke and if this offends you then you can just KISS MY ASS, and go hug a damn tree.

lol

sorry, I don't generally post in anger but I was drunk and it was late and that just totally rubbed me the wrong way.

i know it's just for personal comfort but the whole idea behind "praying is all we can do" and "we must accept god's will even though we don't understand it" seems like the absolute antitheses of making progress on this issue.

sorry, I don't generally post in anger but I was drunk and it was late and that just totally rubbed me the wrong way.

i know it's just for personal comfort but the whole idea behind "praying is all we can do" and "we must accept god's will even though we don't understand it" seems like the absolute antitheses of making progress on this issue.

I hear ya man. How the pro-life lobby and the religious right isn't on the front lines of this issue, is beyond me.

twas' 11 days before Christmas, around 9:38
when 20 beautiful children stormed through heaven's gate.
their smiles were contagious, their laughter filled the ai
r.
they could hardly believe all the beauty they saw there.
they were fille
d with such joy, they didn't know what to say.
they remembered nothing of what had happened earlier that day.
"where are we?" asked a little girl, as quiet as a mouse.
"this is heaven." declared a small boy. "we're spending Christmas at God's house."
when what to their wondering eyes did appear,
but Jesus, their savior, the children gathered near.
He looked at them and smiled, and they smiled just the same.
then He opened His arms and He called them by name.
and in that moment was joy, that only heaven can bring
those children all flew into the arms of their King
and as they lingered in the warmth of His embrace,
one small girl turned and looked at Jesus' face.
and as if He could read all the questions she had
He gently whispered to her, "I'll take care of mom and dad."
then He looked down on earth, the world far below
He saw all of the hurt, the sorrow, and woe
then He closed His eyes and He outstretched His hand,
"Let My power and presence re-enter this land!"
"may this country be delivered from the hands of fools"
"I'm taking back my nation. I'm taking back my schools!"
then He and the children stood up without a sound.
"come now my children, let me show you around."
excitement filled the space, some skipped and some ran.
all displaying enthusiasm that only a small child can.
and i heard Him proclaim as He walked out of sight,
"in the midst of this darkness, I AM STILL THE LIGHT."

Man I hate people.
One of my friends (or rather person I knew in high school and didn't see reason not to accept a friend request some years ago) posted this. I guess the only reason I keep facebook is to see what kind of stupid shit people I know say. It has more impact than random strangers, I suppose.

I hear ya man. How the pro-life lobby and the religious right isn't on the front lines of this issue, is beyond me.

Don't lump all religious people in with the "religious right", not even all religious conservatives.

Don't lump all religious people in with the "religious right", not even all religious conservatives.

I'm comfortable lumping all people of faith into a collection that expect to speak out against guns and violence, of that makes sense.

I'm comfortable lumping all people of faith into a collection that expect to speak out against guns and violence, of that makes sense.

I got no problem with that.

People have gone into full "OBAMA GONNA TAKE ALL OUR GUNS!" mode.

Why don't lawful gun owners want stricter gun laws? Is it as easy as they don't want the inconvenience of a more stringent purchasing process?

We don't want the inconvenience of dead children.

I really don't understand lawful gun owners. If guns don't kill people, people kill people, why don't they want to restrict which people get the guns?

We don't want the inconvenience of dead children.

I really don't understand lawful gun owners. If guns don't kill people, people kill people, why don't they want to restrict which people get the guns?

Well said.

Blame the NRA. They have done such a huge messaging push over the last 50 years to the extent that just about any gun owner hears "regulation" and "restriction" and they hear "the government is coming to take all of your guns."

Back