• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Facebook Gold from Crazies

If all we had to go on was that clip and Trump's history of being a dick I'd probably agree with you. But there are a number of things that indicate Trump was not mocking his handicap. And you all have chosen to ignore them.

You seem hungup on the mocking as it pertains to the specific disability of the reporter. I could show that clip to 1000 kids out of the context of this election, and they would know exactly what that hand motion is mocking. You're being absurd either for your own entertainment or your cowardice, maybe a little bit a both.

If all we had to go on was that clip and Trump's history of being a dick I'd probably agree with you. But there are a number of things that indicate Trump was not mocking his handicap. And you all have chosen to ignore them.

Or, people have carefully weighed the evidence and determined it points towards PEOTUS being an asshole in this particular instance.

The insistence by the water carriers that people who criticize President-Elect Trump do not have all the facts is breathtaking in its pretentiousness.

And I mentioned this yesterday but over 50 million citizens voted for Trump and he won the election fair and square. It's not like some whacked out extremist group just appointed the guy.

There are different ways to get to where we need to be as a country. To force feed your own opinions and dismiss those of others, will only make the problems worse.

Regardless of which party you support or what you think Trump has done or hasn't done, there's no reason to elevate the level of pretentiousness to the heights that posters on this board do.

The "you're better than that's" and the "I can't believe people like you exist", "etc." "etc.", are in such poor taste and utterly wrong. To judge ones character on how he perceives a subjective matter, is so small time and only adds to the problems that our country is facing.

I would imagine that everyone here wants the best possible outcome for our nation. There are multiple, fundamentally different viewpoints of how we can become prosperous. That's why there isn't one party, or why we aren't under the thumb of a dictator. Opinions on Trump aside, the way some of the liberals have shoved their views down the throats of others is appalling and is going to accomplish zilch.

You had a solid post until you singled out liberals as if they are the only ones forcing opinions.

Also, is it pretentious to hope that our President doesn't mock the handicapped?

And I mentioned this yesterday but over 50 million citizens voted for Trump and he won the election fair and square. It's not like some whacked out extremist group just appointed the guy.

There are different ways to get to where we need to be as a country. To force feed your own opinions and dismiss those of others, will only make the problems worse.

That being said, Donald Trump is a shitty person.

What? Because I make a reality based post that disproves a lie you accepted as gospel. Ultimately, because we disagree on an issue? That makes me a terrible person? You shouldn't be so judgmental. Go spend half an hour reading the link I provided and watching the vids. Or not. But if you did you might realize Trump was not mocking that reporter's disability.

I read the link and watched the videos and have concluded that while Trump may not have been mocking that individual reporter, the movement itself is mocking of handicapped people more broadly. And I have zero faith in you recognizing that because you're shill. And that's cool. Really.

You had a solid post until you singled out liberals as if they are the only ones forcing opinions.

Also, is it pretentious to hope that our President doesn't mock the handicapped?

This post may have singled out liberals but by no means are liberals the only problem. The pubs are just as guilty of it, although I don't see the level of pretentiousness coming from the pubs that I do the libs.

As far as mocking a handicapped guy, if he did it, he can suck a bag of dicks and should issue a public apology. I've seen the video and it seems like he was, but there is more the story apparently. Having said that, it isn't point blank obvious that this is what happened, so for others to mock posters for being skeptical of its validity, is the problem I was speaking to.

My apologies for getting this thread off track.

16002832_759431700874166_8583195018704545433_n.jpg

Can't deny that.

Just like no one here can deny that he was legitimately and democratically elected POTUS, regardless of who wants to claim them as their president.

Sure. He definitely won the election fairly which is a total embarrassment.

As far as mocking a handicapped guy, if he did it, he can suck a bag of dicks and should issue a public apology. I've seen the video and it seems like he was, but there is more the story apparently. Having said that, it isn't point blank obvious that this is what happened, so for others to mock posters for being skeptical of its validity, is the problem I was speaking to.

Trump is clearly mocking a disabled person in the video. Whether or not it was in reference to a specific individual is for me beside the point.

(Although if he were referring to a specific person that's quite a bit more fucked up)

This post may have singled out liberals but by no means are liberals the only problem. The pubs are just as guilty of it, although I don't see the level of pretentiousness coming from the pubs that I do the libs.

Whatever dude. I will accept the Master of Pretentiousness title if that means that I don't think handicapped people should be mocked. Ever.

I do appreciate your willingness to give that wealthy, old, white, male the benefit of the doubt. They really are the ones who have it rough. It's those damn handicapped you have to look out for.

I read the link and watched the videos and have concluded that while Trump may not have been mocking that individual reporter, the movement itself is mocking of handicapped people more broadly. And I have zero faith in you recognizing that because you're shill. And that's cool. Really.

Thanks for being open-minded and looking into the issue. We've both looked into the issue and disagree. Doesn't make you a bad person. We've just reached different conclusions.

Whatever dude. I will accept the Master of Pretentiousness title if that means that I don't think handicapped people should be mocked. Ever.

I do appreciate your willingness to give that wealthy, old, white, male the benefit of the doubt. They really are the ones who have it rough. It's those damn handicapped you have to look out for.

Small time argument from a small time poster. Sad !

Thanks for being open-minded and looking into the issue. We've both looked into the issue and disagree. Doesn't make you a bad person. We've just reached different conclusions.

You're right. It doesn't make me a bad person for thinking that handicapped people shouldn't be mocked. I wish that was more of the universal view. Thanks for saying I'm not a bad person though.

Can't deny that.

Just like no one here can deny that he was legitimately and democratically elected POTUS, regardless of who wants to claim them as their president.

He was elected President under our electoral college system, I will give you that. Our electoral college system is shit. And the Russians helped him, and Trump was possibly complicit with the Russians in that endeavor. Otherwise, on point.

Trump is clearly mocking a disabled person in the video. Whether or not it was in reference to a specific individual is for me beside the point.

(Although if he were referring to a specific person that's quite a bit more fucked up)

It certainly looks like it and it's tough to defend either way, as you mentioned.

I hope that in coming days, spirits are lifted, hope is given to "middle america", and we can have some semblance of bi-partisanship. Hopefully the pubs will toe the line and not push an extreme agenda.

To me, we're all saying the same things. No one thinks it's okay to mock a disabled person. In fact, it's mightily fucked up to mock anyone, especially someone with a disability. Maybe some of us are subconsciously hoping that it was a misunderstanding or it wasn't intended for the reporter, since this guy is about to be leading the free world.

That's all I got.

You're right. It doesn't make me a bad person for thinking that handicapped people shouldn't be mocked. I wish that was more of the universal view. Thanks for saying I'm not a bad person though.

And you know that's not what I was saying. It doesn't make you a bad person to have looked into the issue, presumably with an open-mind, and reached a different conclusion. We both agree it would be terrible if he regularly mocks the handicapped. But I'm confident that's not what happened.

Great retort. Would read again.

I responded in kind.

Back