• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Facebook Gold from Crazies

Meaning the stories are in no way similar so it is dumb to expect them to be treated the same by the media.

And man, can't we all agree that the black men getting murdered are just getting too much attention in mainstream media? My city has had 200 homicides and counting in 2013 (including 74 people shot during the July 4th weekend alone). I don't see CNN blowing up their coverage with that. There's been a ton of ignorance on both sides of the TM debate, but the idea that the mainstream media downplays whites getting murdered while hyping blacks' murders might take the cake as the most backwards crap of all.

Not only was Zimmerman not guilty, he didn't deserve to be arrested, and not only did Zimmerman not deserve to be arrested, Treyvon Martin's death wasn't even news worthy. Jesus Christ, some people have weird fucking gripes.

992910_357026817759402_1303028016_n.jpg

I replied, because I couldn't help myself...

If the media in the country has one goal, it is to severely downplay the murder of white women by the "black folk". That kind of news would never get ratings....

Ok, that joke aside...

The reports of dismemberments and mutilations are just not true. They were sensationalized in first reports and apparently people, even 6 years later, haven't bothered to learn the truth about the horrific double murder.

Also, race was never once a question in this case. Sadly for Christopher and Channon, they were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time, as this group of people were wanting to rob, and sadly for the couple, they ended up the victims of a random act of (incomprehensible) violence.

Or should we expect the national media to report on every robbery that turns disgustingly gruesome?

Wealthy white Christians: the most oppressed and victimized people in this country.*

*according to a poll of wealthy white Christians.

Wealthy white Christians: the most oppressed and victimized people in this country.*

*according to a poll of wealthy white Christians.

I just finished reading "The Myth of Martrydom" by Candida Moss and it was outstanding. She does a great job tracing the history of martyrdom, but perhaps more importantly, discusses the danger of believing in and identifying with martyrdom that never happened. When we see ourselves as historical victims, which we aren't, we read that into our current situation, where we still are victims. It's a great read if this topic interests you, or if you just want to have some ammo to shut up stupid wealthy white Christians who don't know the history of their faith from their ass.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Another good one:

"I hope Holder prosecutes hate crimes against these thugs beating up Hispanics and Whites over the Trayvon verdict. What an embarrassment these small groups are. Just goes to show where the real racism lies in our country."

You have no idea. These kids grew up with absolute privilege in an isolated environment. Several of them are still reliant on their parents for employment/money.

bootstraps

Claiming that "Case X should have gotten the same publicity as Case Y" is just as simplistic as claiming that "Defendant X should have gotten the same sentence as Defendant Y". Thats not how the news media works and thats not how the justice system works. But lots of people honestly believe that it does. I don't think either side of the fence has a monopoly on stupidity.

Another good one:

"I hope Holder prosecutes hate crimes against these thugs beating up Hispanics and Whites over the Trayvon verdict. What an embarrassment these small groups are. Just goes to show where the real racism lies in our country."

Haha, it's definitely not where the real racism lies in the country but if there are in fact whites or hispanics getting beat up over the Trayvon verdict, they probably do qualify more as a hate crime than the Trayvon case I would think. But I also frequently think wrong so that's a possibility too.

Maybe it is because I did I gigantic friend purge during NC Amendment 1 but I don't have any craziness on my Facebook page.

Back