• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Facebook Gold from Crazies

I'm in this group "You know you're from Richmond when..."

Someone just posted a pic of a sign about saving the monuments on Monument Ave with this comment:

"What is next? They just rewrite history to not include the Civil War??

They take 'our' statues down, we should 'get a rope' and take down Arthuer Ashe!!!"

Just clicked through to her profile. Yeesh

d8de0cc2a3e8bb62a06b1e885234186f.jpg

A poster (I can't remember who, but it was a great post) pointed out a few weeks ago the Fox News playbook, which came down to creating distractions by picking some obscure college professor, speaker, or group that says or does something right-wingers would find offensive or infuriating, then turning this otherwise trivial item into a major news story, then implying that all liberals agree with whatever the speaker said or proposed, and finally expressing their outrage and indignation. Right now the Fox News website has an enormous headline about how George Washington's church is discussing taking down a plaque honoring him, and a memorial to Robert E. Lee. They've also got another story talking about how Confederate statues and memorials that are being removed are finding "new homes" in various places. Anything to gin up the culture wars, and take attention away from Mueller's investigation and Trump's tweets and gaucheries. They do know their viewers, I'll give them that.

Last edited:
the real cartoon should be of a guy in a MAGA hat holding onto her arm and saying that

Seriously

Obviously she had her book come out and has been promoting that, but I don't see how anyone can actually argue that she has been trying to stay in the spotlight since the election.

Seriously

Obviously she had her book come out and has been promoting that, but I don't see how anyone can actually argue that she has been trying to stay in the spotlight since the election.

Because she's out in the open, selling uranium to Russians, with the express purpose of getting bombs to Iran.

WAKE UP!

Seriously

Agreed. And it's not unusual to write a book after losing an election. It is unusual for the President to keep talking about a non-incumbent he beat in the general election. How often did Obama talk about McCain? How often did W talk about Gore?

people like Hannity spend all their time talking about Hillary while also wondering why the media doesn't talk about Trump

my dependable Trump loving facebook Gold poster posted this for Halloween (I'll describe since I do not want this on my computer in any way). Its a pic of a white guy in blackface wearing a 49'ers Kaepernick Jersey and an afro wig. He's holding a cardboard sign that says "Unemployed, Need Job. Good on my knees."

It's from a facebook page called "Proud to be an American" and on the picture it asked "is this racist?" The overwhelming response said, "Hell no its not racist, its funny as shit."

I think this goes here. I am at the Alabama Horse Coucil’s find raising event, it’s a colt starting competition and they have “entertainment” between the competition session. I am sitting here watching a lady gallop around on horse back singing songs. She just fucking sang the Beatles Come Together but rewrote the lyrics to be anti immigrant and pro-Trump. “Illegal immigrants get education for free, while the nation is drowning in debt, Come Together, right now, in DC!”

The Horse Council is a political group? Why are you there?

I think this goes here. I am at the Alabama Horse Coucil’s find raising event, it’s a colt starting competition and they have “entertainment” between the competition session. I am sitting here watching a lady gallop around on horse back singing songs. She just fucking sang the Beatles Come Together but rewrote the lyrics to be anti immigrant and pro-Trump. “Illegal immigrants get education for free, while the nation is drowning in debt, Come Together, right now, in DC!”

Just how John Lennon envisioned it

The Horse Council is a political group? Why are you there?

No, not a political group. They try to promote good horse culture in the state. My wife is an equine vet and is volunteering on the council’s board, so I am here support my wife who is working to promote better horse health care. This has been a fascinating day in many respects.

Back