• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Facebook Gold from Crazies

“40 years ago every Pickup truck on a Highschool Lot had a rifle in the window,
& There were no school shootings.

What changed?”

f8e8e359e9d8420d36e114b74aa5b4eb.jpg

I've had 6 or 7 former students post this. It takes all the restraint I had not to post on one kid's wall, "We had a full time, armed school resource officer at the school. His name was Chuck. You should remember. He busted you for smoking pot outside of the photography lab your junior year, you dumb motherfucker."

I've had 6 or 7 former students post this. It takes all the restraint I had not to post on one kid's wall, "We had a full time, armed school resource officer at the school. His name was Chuck. You should remember. He busted you for smoking pot outside of the photography lab your junior year, you dumb motherfucker."

Lol

Dude, you have to post on the kids wall. That’s hilarious

Just so it is clear to me, but are folks really advocating having armies guard schools now?

This is from something called "the three percenter's club". The 3% referred to here is the alleged percent of citizens who will fight back (read: shoot back) if the government ever descends into full-scale tyranny. The person who shared this is an administrative assistant who I don't imagine as being in that 3%.

27857835_1814940828539437_7871248859404927546_n.jpg

Are those crying kids in the pic offended because their classmates got shot

That was my first thought. We've had dozens of school shootings since 2000, including this one, and yet Trumpites are making fun of kids crying after seventeen students and teachers were massacred? The NRA basically owns the GOP (and, yes, some Democrats too, although not at all to the same extent), and we've got obviously disturbed 19-year-olds legally buying AR-15s to slaughter their classmates, but they post pictures making fun of kids distressed about it? And the first three pictures don't really help their case either - child labor in the Gilded Age? Guess who supported that? Robber Baron businessmen who loved laissez-faire capitalism - the same type of people the GOP loves today. There's no doubt that plenty of current GOPers would love to go back to the practices of that era. Damn Progressives - if only they didn't cry so much and were so sensitive to everything, we could go back to hiring 8-year-olds to work in mines and other unsafe industries!

Last edited:

And the first three pictures don't really help their case either - child labor in the Gilded Age? Guess who supported that? Robber Baron businessmen who loved laissez-faire capitalism - the same type of people the GOP loves today.

And the people who survived the Black Death? The rich people who went and hid out in their remote villas like in Boccaccio.

What about all the poor whites and blacks who built all the bridges and buildings and dams and roads? Those Russian bots make some seriously shitty memes

How does one remove a gun from a safe to defend their home? Patiently asking the intruder to hold on a second?

I'm sure that's what the Framers had in mind when they put the right to bear arms into the Constitution. A "well-regulated militia" gives each citizen the right to own powerful, rapid-fire weapons for...what? You can't hunt with those things, at least not legally. Defend your home? What force would attack a typical home that would require that much firepower to stop? The funny thing about many of these pro-gun facebook and twitter items going around is that they are actually building the arguments against their position, not helping it. Not that they notice or care, of course.

Last edited:
Back