• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Facebook Gold from Crazies

Cars have speed limits. You’re legally required to wear a seatbelt. If you’re reckless with your car or with other areas of life you can lose your license.

All of which are more analogous to guns than bus = high capacity gun. Oh and you need a special more exclusive license to drive that bus.

It's also a mother fucking car. Its primary purpose is not "kill shit".

It's also a mother fucking car. Its primary purpose is not "kill shit".

Yeah, but it's pretty close.

graph-for-press-release.jpg

Killing shit is not the purpose. It’s a bug.

One of the biggest things this meme misses is that people can only legally use cars in very specific places.

One of the biggest things this meme misses is that people can only legally use cars in very specific places.

And they are required to carry insurance for any damage the car might do.

And that's insurance, tax, and registration on each car, not each driver.

Cars have speed limits. You’re legally required to wear a seatbelt. If you’re reckless with your car or with other areas of life you can lose your license.

All of which are more analogous to guns than bus = high capacity gun. Oh and you need a special more exclusive license to drive that bus.

You have to get regular medical exams for your CDL too.

Just pointing out that "bug" is deadly AF.

People are fucking morons

I was at a gathering this weekend when I overheard a discussion about Trump. Apparently God appointed him to be the new center of the Christian world. They claim that he is the new Cyrus because he is the 45th president which points to Isaiah 45. He was also inaugurated on the 70th year, 7th month, and 7th day of his life. You can't trust anything the mass media says, and Europe is building an army to oppose Trump and his world dominance.

This group was seriously discussing these things for over an hour.

Just pointing out that "bug" is deadly AF.

Not really. A very small percentage of car uses result in injury or death. Meanwhile the vast majority of people get from point A to point B without issue.

Riding in a car is the most dangerous thing you do every day.

Gun deaths surpassed vehicle deaths in 2016 and 2017: https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/2018/12/11/18135976/gun-deaths-us-2017-suicide

Further look a moralities from motor vehicles from 50 years ago (per capita etc.), prior to the seat belt, airbag and DUI mandates intended to control deaths compared to now. Regulation reduced the danger substantially. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motor..._VMT,_per_capita,_and_total_annual_deaths.png

1280px-US_traffic_deaths_per_VMT%2C_VMT%2C_per_capita%2C_and_total_annual_deaths.png

Cars increase the productivity of humans and are worth the risk. Guns do not and are not.

I was at a gathering this weekend when I overheard a discussion about Trump. Apparently God appointed him to be the new center of the Christian world. They claim that he is the new Cyrus because he is the 45th president which points to Isaiah 45. He was also inaugurated on the 70th year, 7th month, and 7th day of his life. You can't trust anything the mass media says, and Europe is building an army to oppose Trump and his world dominance.

This group was seriously discussing these things for over an hour.

Phew. Don’t want this to get buried too quickly.

Where do people even get this? Are their preachers filling their heads with this level of specificity?

Also, if you remove a 1 from all those 7s you get 666!! The number of the beast!!

Because I don't have a gun.

Do you feel more likely to be gunned down at the mall or involved in a violent accident on I-4 ? Do you routinely argue with drunk relatives at your trailer ? Sell meth ? Are you a woman with an abusive husband ?

Everyone puts themselves in harm's way with cars. 99.9% of the guns you see are in a police officer's holster or at a sporting goods store.

ETA that I realize that yo're at greater risk of police violence than the general population.

Last edited:
Around 88% of Americans own a car. Only around a quarter to a third own a gun.

So, you're minding your own business, going about your day. Are you more likely to be killed in a traffic accident or in a shooting ?

Back