• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Facebook Gold from Crazies

c'mon Sailor, be honest for once. The republican party OWNS identity politics. They excel at it. Demonizing gays, muslims, immigrants, and gun restriction folks have won many an election for Pubs over the past 20 years while Emphasizing free trade and smaller government have barely caused a blip.

your political analysis is deeply flawed; the Republicans don't have sacred groups, the Dems consist mainly of these

Dems are afraid that the majority is going to hammer the minority. Republicans are afraid that the minority is going to creep into the main stream majority. Which fear is more valid?'

I'm so tired of this zero-sum, pearl clutching bullshit.

Hillary, Obama and Pelosi are not the super liberals Fox makes them out to be. They were/are moderately left, but Fox blew their load and now can't handle actual liberals like AOC. It also really makes you wonder why Trump supporters like liberal Bernie, but not AOC, Obama or Hillary. I wonder what it could be? It's almost like this isn't about politics at all...

It is a sad commentary on today's Democrat Party that Nancy Pelosi is considered a moderate. But watch what you say, if her constituents ever find out that Pelosi is a moderate, they will recall her ASAP.

no, but the lubes have embraced identity politics, which has become as essential to lubes as victimhood

Says the guy who aligns with a party that supports Donald Trump. I have never seen someone in politics play the victim quite like he does.

Hillary, Obama and Pelosi are not the super liberals Fox makes them out to be. They were/are moderately left, but Fox blew their load and now can't handle actual liberals like AOC. It also really makes you wonder why Trump supporters like liberal Bernie, but not AOC, Obama or Hillary. I wonder what it could be? It's almost like this isn't about politics at all...
Bernie has a way of connecting with rust belt voters, blue collar voters that AOC/Obama/Hillary don't have because they are perceived to be ivory tower elitists.

Bernie polls terribly with conservatives and people over 65. The politician that better fits your narrative is Joe Biden.

Last edited:
Bernie has a way of connecting with rust belt voters, blue collar voters that AOC/Obama/Hillary don't have because they are perceived to be ivory tower elitists.

So who are the women and minority progressives who also have a way of connecting with rust belt voters?

lol who the considers AOC an ivory tower elitist?

AOC Derangement Syndrome is alive and real, folks

There are plenty of problems with the Republican Party but none are nearly as serious as the Democrat Party championing identity politics, which has the potential to rip the country apart. And unless identity politics rips the democrats apart first, the tribalism resulting from their identity politics will eventually tear the nation apart.

You say identity politics like it’s a bad thing, it is not. But even if I stipulate to your view of identity politics, the GOP only has identity politics. GOP hasn’t had an actual policy agenda for the better part of 15 years.

Yep. Project much, Sailor?

Tribalism? That's the GOP, for sure.

There are plenty of problems with the Republican Party but none are nearly as serious as the Democrat Party championing identity politics, which has the potential to rip the country apart. And unless identity politics rips the democrats apart first, the tribalism resulting from their identity politics will eventually tear the nation apart.

And vote for whom? Democratic party continues to move further left, correct?

Based on my observation of the actual behaviors of elected officials over last 1-2 decades, I'm voting mostly for Dems. They generally have a more positive, effective, and rational view of governing.

Says the guy who aligns with a party that supports Donald Trump. I have never seen someone in politics play the victim quite like he does.

You mean Trump?

I don't particularly care for Trump. But if push comes to shove he's better than identity politics. Anything is better than identity politics, which a mindless return to tribalism. If it's not too late, some of you on the left ought to think long and hard about embracing identity politics. It's a road leading to disaster, either for your party or for the country as a whole.

Sailor, here's a tip: this thread is supposed to be for posting stuff that you see on social media, like Facebook or Twitter, that is crazy not for crazy stuff that just pops into your head that you feel like saying/typing.

Back