• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Facebook Gold from Crazies

The problem with political comedy right now is that Trump himself is a clown. He makes making fun of him so easy and jokes so low hanging fruit that anyone can do it. Hell just reading his tweets verbatim can become a joke. It's become lazy comedy at this point.

Last edited:
The problem with political comedy right now is that Trump himself is a clown. He makes making fun of him so easy and jokes so low hanging fruit that anyone can do it. Hell just reading his tweets verbatim can become a joke. It's become lazy comedy at this point.

Well SNL made its bones on ridiculous parodies. Hard to pivot 40+ years in.

Opening skit, then weekend update.
Does anyone that watches it later not skip the musical guest 9/10?

I'm not sure i agree that acting [well] in comedic roles makes one a comedian

Last edited:
"Alec Baldwin is a brilliant actor… he's not a comedian," Schneider flatly shared."

Oof. that's a terrible take -- I guess he missed all of 30 Rock?

BUt Baldwin is funny as an actor. Schneider is not funny as a comedian or actor.

"Alec Baldwin is a brilliant actor… he's not a comedian," Schneider flatly shared."

Oof. that's a terrible take -- I guess he missed all of 30 Rock?

Huh? Difference between delivering a joke and writing a joke.

i tried to find some redemption for Schneider via writing or VO work or something but the guy sucks. and is an anti-vaxxer and convert to the GOP

Yeah they’re actors

Is Chris Farley a comedian? I think there are some actors who can do comedy and some who can't. Comedy is obviously not just the writing -- delivery can be just as or more important. I never really made the disctinction before.

In the context of SNL, I’m not sure I buy that.

but if you're employed at SNL, you're either a comedic writer/stand up comedian or a professional improv comedian, and often both. they're writing/collaborating on creating new stuff all the time, not just showing up hitting some marks with good timing

but if you're employed at SNL, you're either a comedic writer/stand up comedian or a professional improv comedian, and often both. they're writing/collaborating on creating new stuff all the time, not just showing up hitting some marks with good timing

Did you learn this from watching 30 Rock ?

There's an entire writing team that never appears on the show. Many of the performers don't do any writing for the show.

Back