• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Facebook Gold from Crazies

118356286_3331728463576411_2603531876729341435_n.jpg

Assuming we get through this and eventually make much-needed reforms to our political, economic, and legal systems, (a lot of assumptions, I know), historians forty or fifty years from now are going to look at images like that and wonder "What the hell was wrong with those people? What were they thinking?" And if our system of government and nation does fail, future American generations may curse current generations for letting it happen, or not stopping it when we had the chance.

History is very different than the present. This old school gold from 1967 is a good example.

This was drawn by famous cartoonist Charles Brooks from The Birmingham News. He's not some long dead racist. He only passed away back in 2011 at 91 years old.

So much of what we think of as ancient history wasn't that long ago. Yesterday was the 65th anniversary of the murder of Emmett Till. I just realized recently that Till was only a year older than my dad. One of the white men who murdered 14 year old Till and bragged about it in a national magazine and completely got away with it was the same age as Lute Olsen. This stuff didn't happen that long ago. For those of us in our 30s and 40s, politics in our lifetime has been shaped by white men who came of age during the Civil Rights movement.

Last edited:
Anti-masker complains about cigarette smoke in the outside line at the DMV. Someone jokes if the smoker was wearing a mask and then clarifies that they have an "issue" with wearing masks. They are disappointed that the USA would be sucked in by the media. OP says, "I wonder if it's a conditioning step...."

People who have been sucked in and conditioned by conservative media to claim everyone else who follows basic science is sucked in by the media.

People who think Trump is smart and AOC is dumb are pretty fucking stupid.

People who think Trump is smart and AOC is dumb are pretty fucking stupid.

Not to mention that the blue collar Trumpers think they relate more to Donald effing Trump than the former bartender who climbed her way up and into the United States House of Representatives.

If I didn’t know better, I’d think they didn’t care about the whole bootstrap narrative at all.

Last edited:
Somehow they never made jokes when their former Speaker referred to working in his father’s bar

Did AOC make a dumb blonde joke? What does this even refer to?

No idea, but as this insult to AOC comes from someone who believes in a number of batshit-crazy Qanon conspiracy theories, the dumb blonde jokes in Greene's case certainly seem to fit.

Was a little difficult tonight, however
This is what I see:

💯

We just see things very differently. 🇺🇸

“You see Trump’s arrogance, I see Trump’s confidence. You see Trump’s nationalism, I see Trump’s patriotism. You hear Trump’s unsophisticated words, I hear Trump’s honesty. You see Trump’s racism, I see Trump’s words being misconstrued and twisted by the media daily to fit their narrative. You see Trump as a Republican, I see Trump as a Patriot. You see Trump as a dictator, I see Trump as a leader. You see Trump as an Authoritarian, I see Trump as the only one willing to fight for our freedoms. You see Trump as childish, I see Trump as a fighter, unwilling to cave in to the lies. You see Trump as an unpolished politician, I see Trump as a breath of fresh air. You think Trump hates immigrants, I know Trump is married to an immigrant. You see Trump putting an end to immigration in America, I see Trump welcoming immigrants to America LEGALLY. You see Trump’s cages at the border, I see Obama’s cages at the border. You see Trump with a struggling economy, I see Trump with an amazing economy until the Democrats shut it down. You see the violence in the streets and call it “Trump’s America”, I see the violence in the streets of Democratic run cities who are refusing Trump’s help and call it “Liberal America.” You want someone more Presidential, I’m happy we have someone who finally doesn’t just talk the talk but actually walks the walk.

Cut & Paste if you agree👍👍👍👍

Was a little difficult tonight, however
This is what I see:

💯

We just see things very differently. 🇺🇸

“You see Trump’s arrogance, I see Trump’s confidence. You see Trump’s nationalism, I see Trump’s patriotism. You hear Trump’s unsophisticated words, I hear Trump’s honesty. You see Trump’s racism, I see Trump’s words being misconstrued and twisted by the media daily to fit their narrative. You see Trump as a Republican, I see Trump as a Patriot. You see Trump as a dictator, I see Trump as a leader. You see Trump as an Authoritarian, I see Trump as the only one willing to fight for our freedoms. You see Trump as childish, I see Trump as a fighter, unwilling to cave in to the lies. You see Trump as an unpolished politician, I see Trump as a breath of fresh air. You think Trump hates immigrants, I know Trump is married to an immigrant. You see Trump putting an end to immigration in America, I see Trump welcoming immigrants to America LEGALLY. You see Trump’s cages at the border, I see Obama’s cages at the border. You see Trump with a struggling economy, I see Trump with an amazing economy until the Democrats shut it down. You see the violence in the streets and call it “Trump’s America”, I see the violence in the streets of Democratic run cities who are refusing Trump’s help and call it “Liberal America.” You want someone more Presidential, I’m happy we have someone who finally doesn’t just talk the talk but actually walks the walk.

Cut & Paste if you agree👍👍👍👍

Good God. Anybody who watched that debate and got that impression is already a full-blown member of the cult. The overwhelming consensus, not only from the media and Democrats but from independents and even many Republican talking heads, is that Trump looked like an unhinged lunatic, period. Biden didn't do that great himself, but at least he talked directly to the viewers, didn't lose his cool for the most part despite Trump's constant goading, and did try to address the questions being asked instead of going off on angry rants and talking points that often had nothing to do with the actual topics that were supposed to be discussed. People who post stuff like this are beyond help - they'll cling to their illusions of Dear Leader to the bitter end.

I've included my high school classmate's comments as part of the "gold"

6443798278963200.png

Back