• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Facebook Gold from Crazies

Good grief.

I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but Trumpites (and Republicans in general) don't do humor very well, and most of their attempts at it fall flat. They seem much more comfortable and at home when they're in angry, resentful, or embittered mode.

The one on the right is wearing a Native American head dress and drinking a beer. Nice subtle racism, ladies.

These people fit perfectly with the admin. Grifter pretenders profiting off un-smart people.

cb84adca40535a81ea68ecb717f90688.jpg

Ask the people of Jericho how well walls work.

so we exercise a 500 BC strategy for a 21st century problem? fucking unreal idiocy the republicans are showing...

and technically he told Nehemiah (and not Jesus) to build a wall around Jerusalem.... wonder if Jesus made any references about immigrants/refugees in the Bible?

You would think most of the things on this thread were constructed and popularized by Russian bots or fake accounts, but it's scary how many actually pop up on my feed from real people who mean it.

It’s also pretty remarkable how many people think that the drill sergeant was the hero of that portion of Fullmetal Jacket.

clearly the problem is that people no longer diversify their information intake. you really cannot make educated decisions if you are only referencing one source. it's an imbecilic mentality...just lazy sheep mentality.

You would think most of the things on this thread were constructed and popularized by Russian bots or fake accounts, but it's scary how many actually pop up on my feed from real people who mean it.

I had the same thought this week. My ultraconservative friends started sharing a bunch of stuff about the wall the day after Trump's speech. I wondered if the Russians were behind creating those stupid posts.

It’s also pretty remarkable how many people think that the drill sergeant was the hero of that portion of Fullmetal Jacket.

well to the snowflakes who made the film he was not, not godfearing troop lovers

and technically he told Nehemiah (and not Jesus) to build a wall around Jerusalem.... wonder if Jesus made any references about immigrants/refugees in the Bible?

Perhaps this belongs on the evangelicals thread. But since it's a response to this comment, I'll leave it here.

I grew up religious (Presbyterian), and although I don't practice now, my parents are very committed to their church and I go with them when we're home for holidays and such. The preacher that was there for 30+ years recently retired, and they have had a new preacher for the last 6 months or so. The Sunday before Christmas was the first time I heard him preach.

No joke, this is at least the 6th time I've talked about his sermon since I heard it, and I literally don't think I've ever discussed a sermon after the fact before. As one of my friends said, it was the most "woke" sermon he'd ever heard.

It was titled "Mary and Joe: Refugees" and talked about their trek to Bethlehem, and then subsequent journey to live in Egypt to avoid Herod, and then coming back to Nazareth when Jesus was a little older. He talked about the difficulties of being a refugee then and now. He differentiated between immigrants and refugees (as a subset) and defined what a refugee was. But did not differentiate between the two when he quoted Jesus and other portions of the Bible imploring us to treat foreigners in our land as we would our own people.

I was kind of blown away and impressed. And I still wonder what some of the blue hairs in the back were thinking.

I grew up in the Presbyterian church and was so confused when I heard trespasses for the first time

Back