• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Facebook Gold from Crazies

original_post_full_t.5cb8c3bac4613.jpg

Though neither Facebook nor crazy, it is gold:

As it's Easter, I've seen probably ten facebook chain posts today celebrating Christ's resurrection, and in every case the image of Jesus was lily-white. I know we all make God in our own image, but it's still funny to see.

Pretty strong evidence that people pick and choose what they want from the Bible.

And I’m guessing the same people get mad when a white fictional character from a book is portrayed by a minority.

Yeah, back home someone put on a Good Friday play with a black actor playing Jesus, and there were death threats.

Yeah, back home someone put on a Good Friday play with a black actor playing Jesus, and there were death threats.

No ruling necessary. They know not what they do.

NE Pennsylvania. The production was in Bethlehem I think-it was about 20 years ago.

While more overt and definitely prouder of their despicability, racism does not only belong to the South

Agreed, but there is no way a christian church (unless it was a black church, of course) in Alabama would have a Black Jesus to start with. No need for death threats around here.

Back