• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Facebook Gold from Crazies

Meh, I don’t get it on my facebook feed and I grew up country. I just didn’t keep in touch with assholes

Grabbing balls and putting up middle fingers is pretty damn American.

agreed...do we need to take a look at Trump campaign pics? lets...

456334.jpg

I want to stress how much civility and decorum the democrats need to present.

It’s out there. A lot.

IDK man, I don't get on the Facebook very much anymore, but scrolling 30 news feed things down my page I saw one political post and it was an anti Rand Paul post. I was also born and raised in Winston, just might be a little younger than you racist folks on here.

:noidea:

IDK man, I don't get on the Facebook very much anymore, but scrolling 30 news feed things down my page I saw one political post and it was an anti Rand Paul post. I was also born and raised in Winston, just might be a little younger than you racist folks on here.

I grew up in rural, small-town NC, and while I haven't lived there in many years I see plenty of posts like the ones above every day from relatives and former HS friends and such on FB and twitter. It's definitely out there, every day.

After 25 years of right-wing propaganda (including 20 or years of Fox News) attacking the Clintons, if Hillary for some reason personally tried to visit the home of a typical Trumpite, the moment they saw her they'd literally pee in their pants or skirt, fall to their knees and starting loudly praying to Jesus to save them from the hideous satanic creature standing before them, and the man of the house would haul out whatever pistols or rifles or shotguns they've got stored in the closet, basement, or spare room. She truly is the GOP's all-purpose villain.

Grew up in small town Eastern NC, and I have worked in rural areas for much of my professional career. It’s out there in REAL America.

I'd honestly say that among white males in the sticks of NC, those types probably outnumber their white male liberal counterparts 4 to 1. At least.

Oh it’s real and not just limited to rural areas either. I have family members, and friends of my parents, who post memes like that weekly, and they live in the suburbs of large metro areas, too. They’re all 55/70 years old white men and women. It’s funny because they rag on millennials for being “naive” yet they believe memes as news, many of which are easily provably false or super exaggerated.

I'd honestly say that among white males in the sticks of NC, those types probably outnumber their white male liberal counterparts 4 to 1. At least.

Easily. Whenever I pop into my ENC rednecksylvania town, left leaning people (and these people would be a long way from passing a far left "purity" test) seek me out to whisper their disapproval of Trump or pubs in general.

I've got family that routinely posts stuff much worse than that, @junebug. Let alone other people from back home that were just acquaintance types.

You have your head so far in the sand in terms of what the Republican Party has become.

It’s tearing apart white people in my town. People who have been friends for years are losing friends on political lines. My old Spanish teacher wrote a scorching hot op-ed in the local paper full of ridiculously ignorant immigrant takes backed by links to conservative websites. The Mexicans in my town were appalled. Left leaning people (who wouldn’t pass an M-poster test) were horrified. It was business as usual for the right. What makes it really bad is that she taught most of the town Spanish and hosted foreign exchange students for decades so she has some legitimacy.

Junebug and jhmd love to feign ignorance and say things like “sir, surely you’re not speaking about MY Republican Party!” by either being too dumb or too deusional to realize that indeed it is the party of the deplorables.

Last edited:
I think they’re just 1-5%ers who have little to do with poor and working class white people especially from rural America.

I guess the average poster here is in an age bracket that lends the to be more predisposed to wild hottakes and memes on social media. Also In the last decade I’ve only lived in Asheville, and Austin so 90% of everyone I have interacted with over the last decade is libral.

I think they’re just 1-5%ers who have little to do with poor and working class white people especially from rural America.
Of course you're very familiar with that group, since you always conflating poor & rural (yet suburban and wealthy are totally different)

Back