Page 700 of 700 FirstFirst ... 200600650690695696697698699700
Results 13,981 to 13,989 of 13989

Thread: Facebook Gold from Crazies

  1. #13981
    Never Murdered My FIL
    Deacfreak07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    'Murica
    Posts
    63,132


    Pretty common choice we all have to make.

  2. #13982
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    March for Life participants. Yep. That makes sense.
    I went to Catholic school. I can vividly remember the PASSION Right to Life folks have. I believe Wrangor has articulated his firm belief in this area. I disagree, but I understand.

    What I don't understand is the moral compass of Right to Lifers as it relates to actual, living human beings. Jesus was INCREDIBLY CLEAR. Specific, even.

    "Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen."

    I mean...he was CRYSTAL clear: "35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’ 37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’ 40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me."

  3. #13983
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach O View Post
    I went to Catholic school. I can vividly remember the PASSION Right to Life folks have. I believe Wrangor has articulated his firm belief in this area. I disagree, but I understand.

    What I don't understand is the moral compass of Right to Lifers as it relates to actual, living human beings. Jesus was INCREDIBLY CLEAR. Specific, even.

    "Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen."

    I mean...he was CRYSTAL clear: "35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’ 37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’ 40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me."
    Yup. Jesus is far more specific in how he wants his followers to treat their fellow human beings than anywhere in the Bible is about when life begins.

  4. #13984
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacfreak07 View Post


    Pretty common choice we all have to make.
    I see a good many posts like this on facebook from conservatives I know (or mostly just used to know.) It's usually along the lines of "veterans, the homeless, unemployed blue-collar folk" etc., are suffering in this economy, so we need to focus on helping them instead of immigrants and refugees. It would be a stronger argument if it wasn't for the fact that these same conservatives are also in favor of gutting the very programs and benefits designed to help veterans, poor people, the homeless, etc. IMO, it's a completely contradictory argument - "we can't bring in more immigrants because we need to focus on helping our own poor and needy, except we also need to cut all of their welfare and benefits programs too." It's like the arguments from anti-abortion activists who will eloquently talk about the need to preserve life and save the unborn, but then when the kid is born they don't want to pay for any welfare programs designed to help the baby or mother, or help the kid as they grow.
    Last edited by Highland Deac; Yesterday at 12:42 AM.

  5. #13985
    Quote Originally Posted by Highland Deac View Post
    I see a good many posts like this on facebook from conservatives I know (or mostly just used to know.) It's usually along the lines of "veterans, the homeless, unemployed blue-collar folk" etc., are suffering in this economy, so we need to focus on helping them instead of immigrants and refugees. It would be a stronger argument if it wasn't for the fact that these same conservatives are also in favor of gutting the very programs and benefits designed to help veterans, poor people, the homeless, etc. IMO, it's a completely contradictory argument - "we can't bring in more immigrants because we need to focus on helping our own poor and needy, except we also need to cut all of their welfare and benefits programs too." It's like the arguments from anti-abortion activists who will eloquently talk about the need to preserve life and save the unborn, but then when the kid is born they don't want to pay for any welfare programs designed to help the baby or mother, or help the kid as they grow.
    These people have been marketed to so well they cannot pull themselves out of the cycle of nonsense. They’ve been hornswoggled, and they can’t solve it.

  6. #13986

  7. #13987
    Quote Originally Posted by WakeandBake View Post
    These people have been marketed to so well they cannot pull themselves out of the cycle of nonsense. They’ve been hornswoggled, and they can’t solve it.
    They have tied their identity to it. Their value is predicated on lies. It is quite scary.

  8. #13988
    Quote Originally Posted by RChildress107 View Post
    Yup. Jesus is far more specific in how he wants his followers to treat their fellow human beings than anywhere in the Bible is about when life begins.
    He’s also pretty clear about divorce.

  9. #13989

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •