• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

And I don't think many of you subscribe to DC Universe, but it's definitely worth it between getting longer eps of Stargirl and Harley Quinn. Holy cow is Harley Quinn good.

Harley Quinn (at least) season 1 is on Syfy on demand. It's completely ridiculous, but I've actually enjoyed it. Turns out Kaley Cuoco is perfect for that role. Who knew.

She's really good. She'd be good for it in live action too. Her Big Bang co-star Melissa Rauch voiced Harley in the Batman and Harley Quinn animated film. Still not sure what I think of that one. It's in the BTAS style but much more adult themed even than the animated films usually are.

Cooper also created the first homosexual character in the Star Trek universe. Dude seems awesome.

Stargirl is excellent. Each episode has a nice cinematic quality to it. The special effects for S.T.R.I.P.E. are fantastic.

I was not expecting what they did in Ep 2 although it makes perfect sense for the overarching story.

And I don't think many of you subscribe to DC Universe, but it's definitely worth it between getting longer eps of Stargirl and Harley Quinn. Holy cow is Harley Quinn good.

Fuck it. I'm just going to post the same thing every week.

Stargirl is excellent. Each episode has a nice cinematic quality to it. The special effects for S.T.R.I.P.E. are fantastic.

I was not expecting what they did in Ep 3 although it makes perfect sense for the overarching story. What a wonderful show. It looks and feels completely different than the other Berlanti CW shows.

And I don't think many of you subscribe to DC Universe, but it's definitely worth it between getting longer eps of Stargirl and Harley Quinn. Holy cow is Harley Quinn good. I'll just lay out the basic premise of this week's Harley Quinn. Bachelorette party on Themyscira that's been turned into a resort by Lex Luthor and Eris. This ep was pause the show laugh out loud funny in several parts and managed to have a strong serious component.

Some casting shakeups in the Arrowverse.

Instead of replacing Ruby Rose as Kate Kane, Batwoman is casting a whole new character as Batwoman and making changes in the show.
https://deadline.com/2020/06/batwom...ing-new-character-ryan-wilder-atx-1202952981/

The Elongated Man actor, Hartley Sawyer, will not be returning to The Flash due to some tweets he made before he was cast. He should be easy to recast.

Ralph: "Hey guys, it's Ralph! I'm using this new look from now on."
Team Flash: "Great!"
Sue: "That's great, Slick! Now I can be a permanent cast member because I'm the best thing to happen to the show in years and we can fall in love!"

From Showrunner/EP Eric Wallace:
102372021_10158610326286098_2606254001315052977_o.jpg

The whole, Ruby Rose being replaced with a completely different character is pretty weird.

I found some of Hartley's tweets online. Yikes.

It could be pretty good if it keeps Ruby on as a guest star. I'm hoping that this sparks necessary changes in the show. The new character seems more likable and more light-hearted but still queer.

Honestly, I'm excited. It's going to put a much larger spotlight on Black Wall Street and Juneteenth. There's no real way to explain this is not trolling Black folks. OK isn't a swing state. It won't be a competitive Senate race.

It's a Friday night. There will be protests in Tulsa and probably around the country maybe the world. Even HBO Max could take advantage of it and make the first episode of Watchmen that depicts the Black Wall Street massacre available for free.

Trump and his people are guaranteeing that racial injustice will stay in the news.

So HBO did even better and made the whole series available this weekend starting tomorrow on Juneteenth.

https://www.slashfilm.com/watch-watchmen-for-free-on-hbo/

———

Watchmen is simply described by HBO as a story that is “set in an alternate history where masked vigilantes are treated as outlaws” and “embraces the nostalgia of the original groundbreaking graphic novel of the same name, while attempting to break new ground of its own.” The series deals with racism in the United States, both in history and today, through the lens of a comic book story set in Tulsa, Oklahoma where law enforcement and vigilantes clash with white supremacists, and shocking secrets and mysteries threaten to throw everything into upheaval.

————

So I stayed up tonight to finish Watchmen. That was one hell of a ride. I have some non-spoilery thoughts I’ll probably share in the afternoon.

For now, this would have been fun to watch at the time when it aired instead of a binge. The mystery and intrigue of LOST but 9 episodes and a plan. Glad I finished it. I do have to say getting an alert about the noose in Bubba Wallace’s garage while watching episode 6 was a trip.

I really like the way Regina King says fuck and motherfucker. Not sure why though.

I didn't realize you hadn't watched it. But yeah, Watchmen was REALLY good. I hate that there probably isn't going to be a second season but at the same time, I have a hard time imagining a second season being anywhere near as good as the first so maybe it's for the best.

I haven't had HBO in years. I'll probably get HBO Max if that Green Lantern show is any good.

The original announcement was that the show would be available over the weekend, but my YouTubeTV has it listed as available through June 26 (this Friday).

A few more thoughts.

It would be hard to come up with a TV show that has had as much cultural impact beyond the actual topic of the show by bringing the Greenwood massacre to the forefront and wrapping it into core DC/Watchmen mythos. I think the opening of the show is one of the dominoes that have led to the moment we are in on race and policing.

I read the comic back before the film came out. The film was a disappointment in comparison. I still think the world could use a Minutemen show and one that covers main story of the comic, but it would be hard to do either justice after this.

I don't know how Zack Snyder gets work. The Watchmen film was a mess. I watched BVS for the first time on Thursday night. BVS was a mess. Civil War was a similar premise that got time to breathe. Now we have spiritual successor to the comic that manages to be a cultural touchstone and do justice to the comics in an original story. Snyder couldn't even do a faithful adaption.

Oh hell yeah make this happen.

I haven't had HBO in years. I'll probably get HBO Max if that Green Lantern show is any good.

The original announcement was that the show would be available over the weekend, but my YouTubeTV has it listed as available through June 26 (this Friday).

A few more thoughts.

It would be hard to come up with a TV show that has had as much cultural impact beyond the actual topic of the show by bringing the Greenwood massacre to the forefront and wrapping it into core DC/Watchmen mythos. I think the opening of the show is one of the dominoes that have led to the moment we are in on race and policing.

I read the comic back before the film came out. The film was a disappointment in comparison. I still think the world could use a Minutemen show and one that covers main story of the comic, but it would be hard to do either justice after this.

I don't know how Zack Snyder gets work. The Watchmen film was a mess. I watched BVS for the first time on Thursday night. BVS was a mess. Civil War was a similar premise that got time to breathe. Now we have spiritual successor to the comic that manages to be a cultural touchstone and do justice to the comics in an original story. Snyder couldn't even do a faithful adaption.

Not sure who your IP is but we get HBO Max for free because we have fiber through AT&T. That might be worth looking in to.

Oh hell yeah make this happen.

I'm curious how that will work with his cameo in Venom 2 and the idea that he'd be reprising his role at the Vulture with a possible Sinister Six movie in the works.

So Flashpoint this shit and fix it?

I'm so effing sick of flash, time travel, and flashpoint stuff. I get the desire for a softish reboot. And it could be made to work. But holy s I can't make myself care.

Green lantern was a favorite when I was a kid so I'm really curious and hopeful about the series.

I've seen a few rumblings about Geoff Johns over the past few weeks. He may not be the guy to steer the DC ship after all. Regardless, Whedon - canceled.

What did he actually do?

After a couple of days I still haven't seen anything further. At a glance this reeks to me of "My boss was mean to me". None of the other JL or even Avengers actors have come forward with support for Fisher's sentiments (that I know of).

Back