• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

I either forgot or missed that New Warriors was cancelled. I'll miss seeing Milana Vayntrub as Squirrel Girl. Oh well, there's always Lily from AT&T.

Oh shit.

I'd bet the farm on Spider-Woman, Jessica Drew.

Oh shit.

I hope not Spider-Gwen simply because there hasn't been a Gwen Stacy in the MCU. I think a Spider-Gwen film needs an MCU counterpart to really land.

There was no Gwen Stacy in Spiderverse and Spider-Gwen worked out very well.

DC is having a big event online today - #DCFanDome.

Even though the prior Suicide Squad was abominable, I legit think James Gunn will get it right.

New trailer looks good. So does Wiig as Cheetah.

Two new video games from Rocksteady (Batman Arkham series). Gotham Nights featuring Batgirl, Nightwing, Robin, and Red Hood as playable characters and Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League.

I so want to not care about this, but there's no denying I'm going to watch it.

“You know how the main criticism of DC is that our heroes are like gods and the Marvel heroes are interesting people? Let’s just lean into it and use ‘Hallelujah’ in the trailer for my cut of Justice League.”

Made a good first impression on me:

CBM: Marvel's Avengers video game (beta now, release Sept 4)

Between the DNC and Fandome, it’s a good week for virtual productions replacing live conventions.

There’s a teaser trailer of the Suicide Squad game. No gameplay. 2022 date. Looks like Harley, Deadshot, Captain Boomerang, and King Shark are the main characters. Evil Superman is the main villain. Meh. Not sure how you play as a character who doesn’t miss.

Last edited:
[h=1]‘Powerpuff Girls’ Live-Action Series in Development at CW[/h]
https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/powerpuff-girls-live-action-series-cw-1234746828/

The Powerpuff Girls” could soon fly again. Variety has learned that a live-action version of the classic Cartoon Network series is in development at The CW.
In the updated version of the series, the titular superheroes are now disillusioned twentysomethings who resent having lost their childhood to crime fighting. Will they agree to reunite now that the world needs them more than ever?

I watched the original Powerpuff Girls. I heard the remake was unwhelming. This is a great concept for a live action version of the show.

I had real doubts this day would ever come but tonight you can see "The New Mutants" in a movie theater.

It's not getting many reviews because Disney didn't offer an advance screening or a means of watching online for critics.

I scoped out movie times, the itch to see a movie on a big screen needs scratching badly, but... nah. The risk/reward just isn't there for this movie.

I had real doubts this day would ever come but tonight you can see "The New Mutants" in a movie theater.

It's not getting many reviews because Disney didn't offer an advance screening or a means of watching online for critics.

I scoped out movie times, the itch to see a movie on a big screen needs scratching badly, but... nah. The risk/reward just isn't there for this movie.

same on all counts

for some reason it's not on any of the drive-in screens near me, either

I'm feeling the same shock and bewilderedness I felt when Kobe died. How are we losing such talented people so soon?

I was in an airport the day kobe died. Watching the news ripple through the crowd was a surreal experience.

I'm at a loss right now.

ABC is airing Black Panther tonight at 8:00 and doing a tribute to Boseman at 10:20.

Back