• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

Watched Bloodshot on the Starz app with my wife. She wanted to see it because the guy from Outlander is in it.

It was better than we expected. It was good for a low budget comic book film. The character was interesting and the plot was solid. The PG-13 action was solid and not over the top. I’m not that big into straight up action movies so this was the first time I’ve ever seen a Vin Diesel action film. He’s good at this.

I wouldn’t see the next film in the theater (if that’s ever a thing again) but I’d check it out at home.

Watched Bloodshot on the Starz app with my wife. She wanted to see it because the guy from Outlander is in it.

It was better than we expected. It was good for a low budget comic book film. The character was interesting and the plot was solid. The PG-13 action was solid and not over the top. I’m not that big into straight up action movies so this was the first time I’ve ever seen a Vin Diesel action film. He’s good at this.

I wouldn’t see the next film in the theater (if that’s ever a thing again) but I’d check it out at home.

Wait wait wait... you've never seen a Fast and Furious movie??? I didn't think that possible.

Wait wait wait... you've never seen a Fast and Furious movie??? I didn't think that possible.

Fake news. I've seen Tokyo Drift which I think is the only one he didn't star in.

I've only seen the first one and thought it was p dumb. The newer more ridiculous ones seem even dumber.

guess I've done a good job then

Exactly. I think I just stumbled upon Tokyo Drift on HBO like 2007 or so before I had kids. I don't really watch movies nowadays without specifically meaning to do so. Long gone are the days where I'd just flip around and see Shawshank and just watch it until the end.

Exactly. I think I just stumbled upon Tokyo Drift on HBO like 2007 or so before I had kids. I don't really watch movies nowadays without specifically meaning to do so. Long gone are the days where I'd just flip around and see Shawshank and just watch it until the end.

If I'm ranking Fast and Furious movies, Tokyo Drift is in my bottom 3.

Unsurprisingly, rumor out that black widow may get the "Mulan treatment" on Disney plus with an add on price point for first run movies. If Mulan works at $30 they'll ramp it up for other tentpoles.

One rumor is that COVID has messed with the MCU Phase 4 timeline because Falcon and the Winter Soldier builds on storylines from Black Widow. All the integration between the films and Disney+ shows can't take pushing the films back and pushing the shows back hurts Disney+ subscriptions. It looks like their plan is to have enough continuous new content for different types of subscribers. I think the plan was that Falcon and the Winter Soldier would follow The Mandalorian Season 2 and basically Star Wars and MCU content would alternate.

Bloody day for DC (comics side)

It's only a matter of time before much of the DC Universe programming moves to HBO Max. I'm worried about the DCAU and animated films though.

By the way, Stargirl finished up today. The finale airs on CW tomorrow. Really good season of TV. The finale sets up an intriguing Season 2 with some great new villains and heroes.

Agents of SHIELD series finale on Wednesday.

I enjoyed Agents of Shield but I'm really disappointed that overall they stuck with Hydra for the entire series. It would have been nice to see them go up against AIM or Hammer.

Played the Marvel's Avengers video game beta for a few hours today. It's free to download on the PS4. You have to pre-order to get it for XBox or PC. Next week it's free for everyone.

It's a good game. Kind of an extension of Spider-man for the PS4. It plays similar. Cap, Iron Man, Thor, Black Widow, and Hulk are playable in the opening scene. Each has a unique play style. Then it skips ahead later in the game to a stage with Banner/Hulk and Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan). Both are fun and pretty easy to use. So far they're the best characters in the game.

I enjoyed Agents of Shield but I'm really disappointed that overall they stuck with Hydra for the entire series. It would have been nice to see them go up against AIM or Hammer.

The showrunners said that they had permission to use MODOK but Marvel took it away. MODOK was apparently going to be the main villain of the New Warriors show that never got made. He was going to be played by Keith David.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/marvels-cancelled-new-warriors-series-would-have-featur-1844105246

Back