• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: Invincible season 2 returns March 14; X-Men '97 premieres March 20

Review of The Dark Knight Rises IMAX prologue
As with the bank robbery that kicked off "The Dark Knight," the sequence we saw tonight was this movie's opening introduction of Bane, the bad guy played by Tom Hardy. It is a spectacular bigscreen sequence built around practical stunt work and some amazing camerawork, and my first impression of the whole thing is that I don't really recognize the Bane that Nolan has created for this film, and I like that. I like that he's taken this comic character which I've always seen as somewhat ridiculous and, in less than ten minutes, turned him into something between a cult leader and a crime lord, a figure of real terror.

TheDarkKnightRisesPoster.jpg

:drool:

"Knight Rises" has to be a reference to Knightfall, the story in which Bane literally breaks Batman.

175px-Bane_breaks_Batman.png

My brother and I will be seeing MI:4 in Richmond in IMAX for the Dark Knight trailer. I've actually enjoyed the MI movies. I'm just pissed because MI:4 got pushed back from the 16th to the 21st.

Cannot wait for the Dark Knight Rises.

My brother and I will be seeing MI:4 in Richmond in IMAX for the Dark Knight trailer. I've actually enjoyed the MI movies. I'm just pissed because MI:4 got pushed back from the 16th to the 21st.

Cannot wait for the Dark Knight Rises.

Why not just save the $15 and watch it online the next day?

Yeah, me and my bro are going to the IMAX in Nashville, midnight show to see it. I don't know how I'll be able to focus on MI4 after the prologue, but I shall try.

"Knight Rises" has to be a reference to Knightfall, the story in which Bane literally breaks Batman.

175px-Bane_breaks_Batman.png

The Knight Trilogy was pretty incredible at the time (although I was 10 at the time, so not sure how well it has held up over time).

Test screen got a standing ovation from Warner Bros execs.

The hype for this movie is going to be off the scale. It's good to hear things like this, since part three in a trilogy always seems to be the toughest to get right.

ETA: do you have a link?

Last edited:
Early word has DKR in the running for Best Picture, if not just for the film itself, but for the whole trilogy (a la Return of the King). Not saying its a definite, obviously, but it would make award season actually worth watching next year.

Good to see this thread revived. Lots of stuff coming up. On the animation front, Cartoon Network kicked off their DC Nation block (Saturdays at 10 am) with a new Green Lantern series and the return of Young Justice. The GL show is alright so far. Young Justice continues to be excellent. It's up there with BTAS and JLU in DC animation. I'll post some clips from recent episodes.

Marvel debuts their Marvel Universe block on Sunday at 11 am at Disney XD with the premiere of Ultimate Spider-Man and the second season of Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

Early word has DKR in the running for Best Picture, if not just for the film itself, but for the whole trilogy (a la Return of the King). Not saying its a definite, obviously, but it would make award season actually worth watching next year.

I would be pretty surprised if TDKR isn't one of the frontrunners for BP. Not only because of what you mentioned, but because Nolan films have gotten royally screwed at the Oscars. I have all the faith in the world in Nolan to deliver a movie that'll break the third flick in a trilogy curse, and I expect the movie to receive a ton of Oscar nominations.

Must hump Anne Hathaway ASAP.

Ugh... god I hope Catwoman doesn't ruin this trilogy. Just looking at that last photo makes me squirm.

Sweet photos though - thanks for posting.

Back