• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

It's a show for characters who are being wasted on their shows. Pretty interesting experiment. They've managed to make the show work with castoffs.

Finished Runaways...I don’t quite know what to think. It is a show that keeps building toward something but seemingly will never get there. The pacing is so disjointed and the finale left you going “wait, that’s it?” Disappointing.

I’m about halfway through Gifted. It’s good, but suffers network TV procedural syndrome a little bit. Wish the story were a bit tighter than it’s been.

Finished Runaways...I don’t quite know what to think. It is a show that keeps building toward something but seemingly will never get there. The pacing is so disjointed and the finale left you going “wait, that’s it?” Disappointing.

I’m about halfway through Gifted. It’s good, but suffers network TV procedural syndrome a little bit. Wish the story were a bit tighter than it’s been.

I will agree with you about Runaways. I didn't even realize that the last episode I saw was the finale until you said something about it. Overall it was good though. I think it has potential.

Black Lightning stayed strong in ep 2. I loved how they handled two superhero tropes: why people don't recognize him and then how someone reacts to discovering their powers.

great new episode of the X-Files this week that dealt with the Mandela effect (which I learned about on these boards on the Berenstein/Berenstain bears thread( thank ogboards.com).

The Black Lightning showrunner was on 1A on NPR today. The episode should be up later today.
https://www.npr.org/podcasts/510316/1a

Good interview albeit brief. Wish they had a full show to delve into those issues, but the back half of the show was good too.

Looks like Black Lightning films in Atlanta along with a few other non-superhero CW shows. Makes sense given that they need more black extras for Black Lightning that the other shows that film in Vancouver.

Black Lightning had strong ratings in episode 2. Second highest rated show on CW behind The Flash.
http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/black-lightning-cw-ratings-1202675044/

If the show remains popular, I think an Arrowverse crossover will happen. The last crossover was so good and bringing in Black Lightning would keep it fresh. The age dynamic would be interesting since BL is older than the heroes unless you count Joe and Wells and Thunder and Lightning are younger.

Last edited:
great new episode of the X-Files this week that dealt with the Mandela effect (which I learned about on these boards on the Berenstein/Berenstain bears thread( thank ogboards.com).

Don't you mean the Mengele effect? This was the first X-Files I ever rewatched soon after it aired (not counting reruns [note for younguns - reruns were second viewings of shows that networks would air when they had no new episodes]).

The whole season has been really good, as opposed to last year which was extraordinarily uneven. I'll actually miss the show, if this season is indicative of what future seasons would have been like.

agree, Deachead. This season (season 11) has been really good and makes me wish it would keep going forever. I'm still reeling over finding out that Cigarette Smoking Man has been living in Spartanburg, SC all these years (or has he...)

I've learned to pay little attention to Twitter reactions after a premier, especially after all the glowing praise given to BvS by the star struck attendees. I do think it's noteworthy that after the Black Panther premier, which is of course gushing, so many people specifically called out Jordan's Killmonger as a great villain. Source: #BlackPanther hashtag.

I've learned to pay little attention to Twitter reactions after a premier, especially after all the glowing praise given to BvS by the star struck attendees. I do think it's noteworthy that after the Black Panther premier, which is of course gushing, so many people specifically called out Jordan's Killmonger as a great villain. Source: #BlackPanther hashtag.

Yeah, I remember the post-premier praise for Doctor Strange. I mean, I kind of liked the movie but the "a mix of Inception and Citizen Kane but better" comments look absurd in hindsight.

Won't be able to watch the Ant Man trailer until later, but I am a huge fan of Walton Goggins, and think "comedic villain" is right in his wheelhouse given his roles in...well, practically everything he has done. I wish they would have sewn him into a more permanent role, perhaps in Guardians of the Galaxy, but I'll take head villain in Ant Man.

I'm about as hyped for Black Panther at this point as I was for Civil War. I'm not sure what's going to happen to MBJ during/after this movie, but he's another guy I would like to have seen in a more permanent role. Of course, I'm just assuming neither him nor Goggins will be around given how the Marvel movies have treated their villains.

Last edited:
Back