• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: Invincible season 2 returns March 14; X-Men '97 premieres March 20

Daaaamn Kumail.

Also, daaamn Watchmen, the show that told us how it was going to end in the poster art.

yeah what the hell is that real?

kuma-split-1576518742.jpg

WandaVision moved up to 2020 (that's this year!)

A few weeks ago, when it was released, I watched the first "Harley Quinn" episode and thought "DC but like Deadpool and animated". I found it notable only for how jarring it was initially since the animation isn't too dissimilar from the Dini stuff (but it is ultimately distinguishable).

Anyway, I've been catching up over the last few days and there came a point where I realized - I'm legitimately laughing at the goings on here and I rather enjoyed the show.

I was thinking that this is what Powerless could have been and realized it featured the 2 funniest actors from Powerless - Tudyk and Funches.

So I give my official "check it out" seal of approval, just watch it when the kids aren't around.

Glad I’m not the only one watching it. It’s hilarious. Kaley Cuoco is fantastic as Harley. She brings a wackiness and depth that Margot Robbie hasn’t yet done on the big screen. Cuoco is a worthy successor to Arleen Sorkin. Cuoco would be a fine actress to play the role in live action. A young Arleen Sorkin would have been as well.

Lake Bell is great as a sardonic Poison Ivy.

The premise for most of the episodes are genius. The overall premise is that Harley is trying to break away from being Joker’s girlfriend. That leads her to needing to get a crew in one ep and showing out at Penguin’s son’s bar mitzvah in another.

I had lost track of this, I honestly thought it would never be released but it is and soon.

I don't care for the horror genre, I never cared for these particular characters, though Magik is ok. I'll see it of course, but this isn't one for the theaters.

Not my cup of tea, but it's getting a lot of buzz and it's based on a comic book series:

Weak trailer that got better at the end.

What's curious about that trailer is Michael Keaton at the end. Cameo or is he reprising his role as the Vulture?

No doubt he's "a" Vulture, multi-verse and all that. With Kraven on tap, they're setting up Sinister 6 (Vulture, Kraven, Morbius, Venom, tba (Donald Glover Prowler?), tba).

I was unfazed when Morbius was announced, he was always a lower tier character to me. I'd rather see a Sleepwalker movie. Then Leto's name was attached and i went from unfazed to "bleh". After watching the trailer, still at "bleh".

No doubt he's "a" Vulture, multi-verse and all that. With Kraven on tap, they're setting up Sinister 6 (Vulture, Kraven, Morbius, Venom, tba (Donald Glover Prowler?), tba).

I was unfazed when Morbius was announced, he was always a lower tier character to me. I'd rather see a Sleepwalker movie. Then Leto's name was attached and i went from unfazed to "bleh". After watching the trailer, still at "bleh".

That's a good way to put it. Now if it was Morbius in a Blade film, I'd be more excited. I saw the trailer announcement and the pictures of Leto and my first thought it that he's just not a good fit for the genre. Think about it like this. Nicholson's Joker was nominated for a Golden Globe. Ledger's Joker won an Oscar and Golden Globe. Phoenix won the Best Actor Golden Globe and was nominated for a Best Actor Oscar.

Leto's Joker was completely forgettable.

Any thoughts on the Black Widow trailer? It seems fine, but it seems like they made the movie because there was a huge call for it and they could do one more film with Scarlett Johanssen and it would be a waste not to do so. But they've told her story and most fans are happy with how they did it. If this film had come out 3 years ago, I think there would be massive buzz. Now it doesn't seem like there's much heat behind it. I'm sure the film will be fine, but the timing just doesn't seem to work.

Last edited:
I agree they dropped the ball by not doing this movie prior to Endgame. It could have even been a filler between Infinity War and Endgame but probably would have been best prior to Infinity War.

I agree they dropped the ball by not doing this movie prior to Endgame. It could have even been a filler between Infinity War and Endgame but probably would have been best prior to Infinity War.

Looking at the release dates, the sweet spot would have been between Ant-Man (July 2015) and Civil War (May 2016). November 2015 or February 2016 would have worked well.

Superman and Lois picked up as a CW show. I hope this means more Jon Cryer as Lex Luthor.

That's not a sentence I thought I'd type.

Just saw the second BW trailer.

I rather like the idea of a movie that just has a stand-alone story to tell, not everything has to be tied into thwarting someone's quest for universal domination. Just give me a good spy movie with some Taskmaster thrown in.

After the first trailer I thought "what a big break for that actress , whoever she may be, to get a major role in a Marvel movie" and since then I've seen her in a couple of movies and she's blown up, with an Oscar nomination. Looks like Marvel was the lucky one to get her early. She may well be Ph4 Black widow.

I dug seeing the Taskmaster in action. Unfortunately using him already means we won't see him be Peter Parker's gym teacher, which happened in of one of my favorite Spidey animated episodes.

I think the next few Marvel films will be stand-alone or at least seem stand-alone until some dots are connected later.

Back