• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: Invincible season 2 returns March 14; X-Men '97 premieres March 20

My prediction is that Steve, who was last seen piloting a German bomber that was originally targeting the US (and or allies) that exploded away from the intended target, was buried in ice in the Arctic and stayed perfectly preserved until he was discovered when the movie begins.

My prediction is that Steve, who was last seen piloting a German bomber that was originally targeting the US (and or allies) that exploded away from the intended target, was buried in ice in the Arctic and stayed perfectly preserved until he was discovered when the movie begins.

suck it, Marvel

Its actually Stan Trevor. Steve's twin. Posthumous eskimo bros too.

Its actually Stan Trevor. Steve's twin. Posthumous eskimo bros too.

Marvel already did that with Peggy and her niece. Get an original idea, DC.

I don't think steve Roger's ever actually banged her but... can you imagine going back in time to be with the love of your life and you can't stop thinking "sorry about your niece." Or worse... should kept the niece.

Since it's in the DC Universe, Steve pulled the same trick that Batman pulled at the end of TDKR. Duh.

That said, whatever agency produced that trailer put on a fucking clinic. It's spectacular.

Any thoughts on Crisis so far?

Any thoughts on Crisis so far?

I heartily approve. There have been some very good moments so far. I'm amazed they were able to keep [.spoiler] a secret. That appearance, as short as it was, was a pleasant surprise. Sadly I had been spoiled because when I checked Twitter yesterday morning I saw [.spoiler] was trending, so I checked to see what was up and it was regarding Crisis. Oops. John Wesley Shipp's Flash's fate was satisfying. It was great to see the great Kevin Conroy on screen. I could go on listing specific moments.

I've been watching Arrow only this season. Based on what I've read it seems like this series had the most lead-up to the Crisis event. Not sure if Flash and Supergirl did. Like, was this the first time we saw Tom Cavenaugh as Pariah? Other than that I didn't feel as if I was missing anything.

Jon Cryer is a damn good Lex Luthor. I may have to find those Supergirl episodes with him.

Throughout the Arrow series I had either missed or forgotten that Lyla Michaels was Harbinger in the comics.

Just so I'm not 100% gushing - Batgirl has done nothing to persuade me I'm missing anything by not watching that series.

It's a looong wait to mid Jan to see if the multiverse gets saved.

On the other side of the fence, I see that Marvel TV is no more. Pour a 40 for Daredevil, Jessica Jones and Luke Cage (but not Danny Rand) who seemingly have officially been Anti-Monitored out of existence (yes I know, they already had been).

Not sure what this means for the non-Disney shows like Runaways and Cloak & Dagger. I'm guessing their future isn't rosy.

I'm curious what Feige has in mind for Daredevil, who prior the MCU would have been a top-10 Marvel property they had available (so no mutants).

I heartily approve. There have been some very good moments so far. I'm amazed they were able to keep [.spoiler] a secret. That appearance, as short as it was, was a pleasant surprise. Sadly I had been spoiled because when I checked Twitter yesterday morning I saw [.spoiler] was trending, so I checked to see what was up and it was regarding Crisis. Oops. John Wesley Shipp's Flash's fate was satisfying. It was great to see the great Kevin Conroy on screen. I could go on listing specific moments.

I've been watching Arrow only this season. Based on what I've read it seems like this series had the most lead-up to the Crisis event. Not sure if Flash and Supergirl did. Like, was this the first time we saw Tom Cavenaugh as Pariah? Other than that I didn't feel as if I was missing anything.

Jon Cryer is a damn good Lex Luthor. I may have to find those Supergirl episodes with him.

Throughout the Arrow series I had either missed or forgotten that Lyla Michaels was Harbinger in the comics.

Just so I'm not 100% gushing - Batgirl has done nothing to persuade me I'm missing anything by not watching that series.

Ugh you’re making me want to get back into these shows.

Speaking of, anybody on here read King and Mann’s Heroes in Crisis? It’s really great, imo, and as with a lot of King’s work surprisingly (and refreshingly) deep.

Pretty big rumors that much of the main defenders universe will be reprising their roles for disney+ shows and potential movie roles. I seriously doubt they would ever be more than supporting characters in any move.

The hula and other tv shows have already been canceled.

Arrow this season has been pretty heavily into Crisis. Flash has been teasing Crisis since the first few episodes of Season 1 with that future headline "Flash Dies in Crisis" with Iris on the byline. Supergirl hasn't been leading into Crisis.

Props to Arrow for naming a secondary character after a Crisis character and letting her sit all this time until bringing her out now.

Cavanaugh has been "Nash Wells" this season, but much less prominent than previous Wells' characters.

Jon Cryer is an excellent Lex. It was a truly WTF casting that paid off. I didn't know he was in Superman IV.

Batwoman has actually been better here than in the show. She's a very bland character, both Kate and Batwoman. The main villain, Alice, is the reason to watch that show. There's really not much to Kate or Batwoman. She doesn't seem to have much motivation except wanting to bang her ex and even that's pretty derivative of Barry and Iris in Flash Season 1. Actually Kate's fucked every woman they've introduced in the show who isn't family. If you watch the show, Kate calling Luke her only friend was pretty meaningful. She kind of treats everyone like shit as a way to built toward what's sure to be a Team Bats dynamic.

Conroy was a great moment. He kind of went in and out of the classic BTAS voice, but it was cool none the less.

I have no idea what the spoiler you're talking about is, so I'm not mentioning anybody you didn't mention. PM me who you're talking about if you want.

I was in Vancouver for a week before Thanksgiving, so the first ep of Crisis was quite distracting with the obvious shots of BC Place and the area across the river around the science museum. Gorgeous. Actually passed by the setting for Lian Yu on the way to Squamish.

I've really enjoyed all the cameos in Crisis. I remember reading a bunch but most I'd forgotten about so I was happily surprised. I kept waiting for

It to be revealed that Tyler Hoechlin is the paragon of truth, not ray palmer super man
and was surprised it didn't happen that way.

I loved Kevin Conroy's appearance. I want to see more Batwoman and Supergirl together. Those two have great chemistry.

My only complaint, and it's possible it gets fixed in the last two parts, is that Black Lightning was woefully underutilized. I get that he's never met these people before and it's his first crossover but he deserved better than what he got.

I really don't think anyone really cares about this particular spoiler, but I'll put it in the spoiler box.

Lucifer. Originally on CBS it was thought to have a hard wall between it and other DC properties. Now that the show is on Netflix, they may be more chill about that

Supergirl started on CBS and the wall disappeared once it moved. Constantine was on NBC for its one season.

Aside from the "by any means necessary" black man head nod between Jefferson and Dig, I didn't really like how they used Black Lightning. But obviously that could improve. The Black Lightning plot lines are nowhere close to resolved. Then Pariah just yanked him away from his dying family and said, "Hey charge this for us." I assume this is going to end with all of them on one earth, but that's a cheap way to clean up the Black Lightning storyline.

There's a lot to explore in a Black Lightning crossover. They've established that traditional superheroes are fictional on his earth. Black Lightning hasn't worked with any heroes that aren't his daughters and there's plenty of conflict there, but it would be interesting to see him on equal footing with someone like Barry.

Flash/Supergirl had a crossover in her S1. They never had a "wall".

The Lucifer crossover is more akin to Jessie Custer (Preacher) appearing Crisis. Historically, Lucifer, Preacher and Constantine were in the darker corner of DC in the Vertigo imprint. The goings-on within Vertigo rarely Constantine eventually went mainstream.

Frankly I'm not sure what your point is, are you saying I shouldn't have been surprised by Lucifer's appearance? The star, Tom Ellis, actively engaged in disinformation and denied he would be included.

I had no particular point. I didn't care one way or the other about the Lucifer appearance and didn't realize any here (or anywhere) was a huge fan of the show. Sorry if I offended. Glad to see more fans were serviced.

Daaaamn Kumail.

Also, daaamn Watchmen, the show that told us how it was going to end in the poster art.

Back