• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: Invincible season 2 returns March 14; X-Men '97 premieres March 20

Kid Flash has become annoying and useless. He's the Curtis of Flash.

Curtis
Kid Flash
James Olson
Jax (when he's not Firestorm)

Sigh. #blacklinesmatter

On the other hand.

The Punisher will be released on November 17, the same date as the Justice League film.

At least black panther looks to be good (or, hopefully, great).

That is a very good pun. We'll done.

A Dr. Strange post credit scene would give BP a hat trick (can't think of a good pun for that).

Here's an article that proclaims T:R is the funniest CBM made yet. Let's see what I predicted for it 2 years ago (post 8877 on this thread):

These two Marvel tidbits are on the surprising side to me:

Damage Control is in development. I don't know how many hurdles there are from "pilot ordered" to an actual airing of the show, but it is part of the process. It's a comedy. Ben Karlin (exec producer) has solid comedy bona fides so I'm cautiously optimistic at this point.

More surprising - Thor: Ragnarok looks to have its director. I do like the work I've seen from this guy but all I've seen have been comedies and I wouldn't expect Ragnarok to be comedic or even light in tone, we're talking about the destruction of an entire pantheon after all. Personally I'm not taking this as either "good" or "bad" news, just a tad surprising.

Nailed it!

I was thinking back to some of the early posts on this thread about the early reviews that Thor was surprisingly good. That was the first sign that this whole MCU thing had legs. Now we're at Thor 3 and it looks like it will be the best of the trilogy.

Last I heard, Damage Control was still in the works even after Spiderman: Homecoming.

I can honestly say I am more excited for Thor 3 than any other Marvel film, perhaps with the exception of the First Avengers.

Supergirl did some excellent work with Martian makeup and special effects. Excellent job casting Carl Lumbly, the voice actor for Martian Manhunter in Justice League and some films.

Carl Lumley? Well that moves Supergirl to the very top of the watch queue. Worth noting that he starred in his own superhero show before these shows were cool (M.A.N.T.I.S.).

Way back in ye olden days of the Wake Forest community on the Internet, when ACC teams were all mixed together, I used to chat with the other creator of the show (not Sam Raimi), who was a huge hoops recruiting enthusiast for UVA. He told me that halfway through the first season, the show added a bunch of white secondary characters because the Fox execs' feedback was that the show was "too black".

Strange that the one rotten review (from Variety) of Thor was actually a fresh review for the first couple days.

Curtis
Kid Flash
James Olson
Jax (when he's not Firestorm)

Sigh. #blacklinesmatter

On the other hand.

Moving Wally to Legends wouldn't be a bad idea. Maybe James, too. Curtis should just go away.

Strange that the one rotten review (from Variety) of Thor was actually a fresh review for the first couple days.

I wonder if he did that for more eyeballs. I'm willing to bet a fair number of people looking at RT will wonder "who's the one guy that rated it rotten?" and go to his/her site to check it out.

At least Mr. Terrific doesn't have cornrows this season.

I was out of town two weeks and finally caught up on all the shows.

The Gifted remains at the top of the must watch list. Even with Bill Compton.

I loved the Elongated Man on the Flash. I hope we get to see more of him. I would also love for the big bad to get out of his chair at some point this season and show that he's actually a speedster. That would be hilarious.

Supergirl has been fun but very forgettable this season. The drama between Alex and Maggie over their wedding is boring and the Reign storyline is taking too long to play out.

Arrow has been interesting. I like Curtis better this season. The fight scene with him throwing his balls at people seems more suited to the character itself (not sure how that stacks up against the comic book version). It seems better than previous seasons but I'm not sure what the overall plot is. Passing the torch maybe? I dunno.

Oh and Legends continues its zaniness from last season which is good. I like that Mick stole candy and allowance money from kids on Halloween.

Back