• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: Invincible season 2 returns March 14; X-Men '97 premieres March 20

PhDeac

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
Reaction score
There are a ton of comics movies (Thor, Green Lantern, Captain America) coming out this summer as well as TV shows in development (Wonder Woman, Hulk) and some excellent cartoons on now (Young Justice, Avengers) and interesting ones in development (Ultimate Spider-man, Thundercats). This thread is for upcoming projects that don't necessary warrant their own thread. I'll change the thread title for new releases, for example, Thor comes out on May 6.

I'll add a list of upcoming projects that may be of interest.

Apparently Thor is already released in overseas markets and has great reviews, 21 of 23 fresh on Rotten Tomatoes. This is great to hear because the trailers looked less than impressive.

X-Men: First Class comes out June 3.
Green Lantern comes out June 17.

I'll try a spoiler rule. No spoilers for the first weekend the movie is out. For TV shows, comics, video games, etc. just use your best judgment. Thanks.

Last edited:
i don't know what to think about thor. never one of my favorite characters (though i loved green lantern when i was a kid). i am glad to hear that there is some nice bzz about the movie. i agree that the previews so far have left me feeling very mixed about it.

I read some of the reviews after I posted that above and I feel like they're talking about a different movie than I've been hearing about. If they can make Thor and Cap work, then I'm feeling pretty good about the Avengers movie.

I thought Thor was going to be awful at first. The previews were actually a little reassuring in how they executed it though, to me at least.

I read some of the reviews after I posted that above and I feel like they're talking about a different movie than I've been hearing about. If they can make Thor and Cap work, then I'm feeling pretty good about the Avengers movie.

The only thing that makes me nervous about the Avengers movie is.. are they really going to try and incorporate the Wasp and Henry Pym/Ant-Man/Giant-Man/Goliath/Yellowjack

Based on trailers I think Thor looks pretty badass, Cap America looks decent and Green Lantern looks abysmal.

I wouldn't get too excited about the early reviews on Rotten Tomatoes. Those always have a favorable bias prior to the movie's general release. Thor may turn out to be good, but don't get sucked into feeling like the current 91% mark is an accurate reflection of it quality.

Since Marvel started remaking movies and doing them, "the right way," I've had pretty high expectations. The newer Hulk movie and both of the newer Iron-Man movies I really enjoyed; Marvel has set the bar pretty high for themselves, which is a great thing for the genre imo.

I wouldn't get too excited about the early reviews on Rotten Tomatoes. Those always have a favorable bias prior to the movie's general release. Thor may turn out to be good, but don't get sucked into feeling like the current 91% mark is an accurate reflection of it quality.

So you are saying that RT is like lectro?

I doubt it's going to end up there, but I was thinking it could easily be below 50%.

On other forums I read, Aussies that have seen it have been very very positive about Thor. I don't think it's just RT hype.

I am optimistic but Thor. 91% will defs go down, but if it was bad, it wouldnt have that now.

There is like a 4 minute clip of Green Lantern on Apple Trailers. It looks so absolutely awful. The whole movie is CGI of corny looking aliens.

Of all the comic book movies coming out this summer, the X-Men prequel is the only one that looks worth a damn.

I'm not excited about any of these. I'm comic booked out.

I thought the Hulk movie wasn't that great and I still havent seen Iron Man 2 cause I just don't care...

I would imagine Thor will end up around 70-75% on RT. Consensus of early reviews seems to be that it is good, entertaining, but doesn't break any new ground.

Green Lantern does look incredibly disappointing. That's really sad considering how strong a character Hal Jordan is. Blackest Night was one of the best storylines ever for DC.

I'm really excited for Thor. He's had a real resurgence as a character over the past couple of years. I loved his part in Siege.

Here are 7 unreleased (in the US) Avengers eps that someone uploaded to Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Witchcraftial

The unreleased ones begin with ep 20. Some good stuff.

Bless you. Bless you. Avengers has helped sooth the pain of Wolverine and the X-Men only getting one season after Marvel was bought by Disney. That cartoon was excellent. Even after one season, they had an expansive universe and good characterization of several staples. Even Cyclops was somewhat tolerable.

I highly recommend Avengers and Young Justice. Young Justice is basically a Teen Titans cartoon, but much different than the Teen Titans anime-ish cartoon from several years ago. It's 9 eps in and very promising. It's re-running at 7:00 on Friday on Cartoon Network, right after Batman: Brave and the Bold. There was a hilarious ep of B:BatB that featured Superman that played off the website superdickery.com.

Back