• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: Invincible season 2 returns March 14; X-Men '97 premieres March 20

I saw that there were plans for a Metropolis show featuring Lex and Lois before Superman to put on DC Universe streaming but they stalled or were cancelled.

I could see doing a Batman show in the Arrowverse and putting on streaming.

I think CW could handle more shows if they all go to 13-15 episodes. It would definitely help Arrow, Flash, and Supergirl stay fresh. 13 plus crossovers would be great.

I'm not that familiar with Bat Woman. Does she have the same rogue's gallery as Batman?

I have a love / hate relationship with Gotham. I've been watching it on Netflix which is tolerable at least. I love that we've gotten some minor villains screen time, Mad Hatter, Pyg, Firefly, Solomon Grundy, etc. At the same time, the writing is bad and a lot of things that people do just don't make sense.

Gotham could have been good, really good. It’s a shame. If they had started with the Wayne and led into their murder, it would have been a great story. Probably the biggest missed opportunity of the genre.

Reminder that Daredevil Season 3 drops today

I may be misremembering but I thought the Netflix shows became available at a minute after midnight eastern time. I woke up around 2ish last night and there was still no S3. It's live now though.

It’s midnight Pacific time.

Luke Cage cancelled by Netflix. Becoming clearer that the shows will continue on Disney Play next year. I imagine JJ and The Defenders will be cancelled soon and Daredevil will be cancelled some time next year.

I was thinking with Cage and Iron Fist both cancelled, the next logical step is Heroes for Hire.

Anyone else having flashbacks to the writers strike? I feel like all of these shows are about to be ruined.

So has marvel filmed a bunch of cameos for future movies? I would assume next years releases probably were already filmed. More I think about it the more I imagine CGI affects...

Finally finished season 3 of Daredevil (postponed Iron Fist). Great season overall. They got back to their roots and really developed the Kingpin as the force he is. I also liked Bullseye way more than I thought I would. The season started off a little slow, but overall I may put it right behind Jessica Jones season 1 atop the Netflix comic book rankings.

Last edited:
CBM: CW premieres The Flash and Black Lightning (Tues)

Daredevil Season 3 was excellent. It’s hard to rank seasons of the Marvel shows. I think there’s something great for everybody. All but JJ2, IF1, and The Defenders were very good to great.

Last edited:
Funny that I just finished dd3 last night as well. Pulling dd back to basics allowed the kingpin to shine after taking the sabbatical in s2. Introduction of Bullseye went better than I expected.

I went to see Venom last night. There was a collective, "Awwww...", during the Stan Lee cameo. The movie itself wasn't that great but I wasn't expecting it to be either. There were a lot of problems with the script and it's definitely a lower tier Marvel film. I don't regret seeing it but I doubt I'll watch it again.

The CW shows are moving right along. The Flash and Arrow have good momentum. I’m glad both plot twists from last season have carried over nicely to this season. Black Lightning is still good but has stalled a bit at this point. Supergirl is leaning into the politics hard. It’s not as sloppy has it has been.

If you’ve seen tonight’s Flash, google Troy James America’s Got Talent. Crazy stuff. I assumed that was CGI.

I've liked this season of Arrow. It was a great choice to move away from the old formula in favor of treading new ground (prison for Ollie, Felicity the badass, Digg the soldier, etc.). With Flash I don't love the Nora storyline, though Cicada has been an interesting and frightening villain. Supergirl has gotten better, though it still feels like a group of activists broke into the the writers room and decided to make a point of writing plots around social justice causes rather than coming up with a plot and weaving more subtle messaging into them. And Legends is still just dumb fun.

At least Supergirl has a direction. That’s the improvement.

I wouldn’t have been shocked if Oliver was out of jail after the first or second ep or if Nora went back to the future early in the season. I’m glad they’ve changed the status quo.

It is a little depressing in the Arrow Flash Forward to see that:

a) Felicity is dead
b) Things have gone to absolute shit
c) Black Canary has basically had her throat destroyed

Back