• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: Invincible season 2 returns March 14; X-Men '97 premieres March 20

Scorsese elaborates on his "theme park" comment:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/04/opinion/martin-scorsese-marvel.html

He seems to be making an argument I've heard my entire life. Back in the 80s it was sequels and action movies that were crowding out the auteurs' movies. Since then the same thing has been said just what's been added to "X is killing movie creativity" has expanded some (e.g. reboots).

Agreed. Tale as old as time. One could imagine Rick Rubin or Russell Simmons writing an article like this about rap music for example.

Marvel movies are just a jump off point for an old man to complain about the state of a changing industry.

he has a point, to an extent but then he goes super bonkers and talks about the old Hollywood Studio system as an example of how art can be lifted up when Scorsese was a major part of the movement that blew apart that system built to make safe, profitable pictures.

It would also help if the over under on number of good movies he has directed in the last 20 years was greater than 1.

It's also a bit hard to take his opinion on the difference between the two all that seriously just as he releases a Martin Scorsese Cinematic Universe film on Netflix that relies heavily on cutting edge special effects via de-aging technology. I'm pumped to watch The Irishman, but let's call it what it is.

A bunch of has beens in wigs trying to still perpetuate the image that 5'6" Eyetalians are super tough. Pretty ironic that he is benefiting from a lot of the same CGI the Marvel movies use to make DeNiro not look like he shits himself everyday.

The guy making a mob flick starring the same guys who have been starring in mob flicks since the 1970's is worried about creativity being stifled, you say?

5'11 which probably gives me at least 3" on the tallest of Depends Crew. I can also piss in like 1/8 of the time.

_109172178_056864002-1.jpg

5'11 which probably gives me at least 3" on the tallest of Depends Crew. I can also piss in like 1/8 of the time.

_109172178_056864002-1.jpg

Maybe, but you have to actually go to the urinal to do so. The Depends Crew can flow on the go and get shit done. Score one for Scorcese.

It would also help if the over under on number of good movies he has directed in the last 20 years was greater than 1.

I appreciate that you are triggered here (and sorry for that), but this take is so bad. Maybe not all masterpieces, but all very good at minimum: Departed, WOWS, Gangs on New York, Aviator, Hugo, Shine a Light. Shutter island and Brrining out the Dead were both good, not great. I have not seen the Silence or Rolling Thunder Review, or No Direction Home, but they all got great reviews.

If you have not yet figured out tab's movie takes are scorching hot i am not sure what to tell you.

Got to say I didn’t have TAB taking neither in a contest between Scorsese and Marvel.

I appreciate that you are triggered here (and sorry for that), but this take is so bad. Maybe not all masterpieces, but all very good at minimum: Departed, WOWS, Gangs on New York, Aviator, Hugo, Shine a Light. Shutter island and Brrining out the Dead were both good, not great. I have not seen the Silence or Rolling Thunder Review, or No Direction Home, but they all got great reviews.

The Wolf of Wall St. is the only movie of those that holds up & only bc it thankfully has a sense of humor about itself. The awful caricature performance of Jack Nicholson's Frank Costello is hard to (watch)beat, but it is somehow easily superseded by Daniel Day Lewis's Bill the Butcher. Both just terribad, ridiculously self serious and corny AF.

Yeah, ok. I know movies are subjective and people have different opinions and I respect that, but you should probably stop saying yours out loud.

No, dude. We've been over this. You guys spend your spare time watching CW superhero shows and terrible horror movies. You have zero taste. This is not debatable.

Ok, man -- feel free to keep embarrassing yourself. I'm not going to stop you, I actually enjoy it.

Lol, ok. I'll leave you to your reality distortion field. FYI Revenge of the Nerds and Jay and Silent Bob are not real.

I am interested in hearing your favorite films.

FWIW, I think that Silence was a masterpiece and that Wolf of Wall Street was a steaming pile of shit.

Apparently Channing Tatum is exec producing a project (movie/tv undecided) based on the image comics property The Maxx comic and tv show. I vaguely recall the comic. Part real world with a homeless guy that spends time as a "creature" protecting a little girl somewhere. The outback maybe.

Back