• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: Invincible season 2 returns March 14; X-Men '97 premieres March 20

Saw Captain marvel with my daughter. We both enjoyed it. She loved the cat. I appreciated that the final fight scene wasn't unnecessarily dragged out as often happens. Don't know if it was actually shorter than average or just better editing. Lieutenant Trouble was great.

Disney's purchase of Fox is complete. Reportedly, all Fox comic book film franchises will reboot except Deadpool.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...c-universe-at-2021-1195846?utm_source=twitter

Reynolds' Deadpool is expected to be the only iteration of the X-Men to make the jump to Disney, with Disney CEO Bob Iger having confirmed multiple times that a popular, R-rated version of the character could exist at the studio.
But before it reboots the X-Men, Disney is inheriting two projects from Fox. Dark Phoenix (June 7) will be the first X-Men movie marketed by the studio and comes from longtime X-Men producer Simon Kinberg, making his directorial debut.
The fate of the other film, writer-director Josh Boone's New Mutants, remains in the hands of Disney execs, who will decide its future after seeing it. New Mutants still has an Aug. 2 release date, but is said to be troubled. The idea of reshoots has been brought up, although the film could ultimately end up on a streaming platform, such as Disney+ or Hulu rather than a theatrical release.

Deadpool will definitely just break the 4th wall talking about the merger which should be hilarious.

I bet we never see New Mutants.

Though I was going to perfunctorily see Dark Phoenix, now I'm actually excited just because the post credits could be interesting.

I'm even more excited about post credits for Endgame. There's no clear indication on what phase 4 will center on, so mmmmmaybe we'll see..... Dr. Doom???!!!??? This is pure speculation but perhaps the timing of finalizing this deal gives a green light to go ahead and tie in the new properties in the post credits.

Last edited:
Doom would be awesome. Part of me wants Phase Four to build up to Secret Wars. It would make Infinity War/End Game plotting/integration look easy, though.

Did "First Class" count as a reboot? If so, do we really need an X-Men reboot? Can't we just recast the roles and then throw them in with the Avengers?

I bet we never see New Mutants.

Though I was going to perfunctorily Dark Phoenix, now I'm actually excited just because the post credits could be interesting.

I'm even more excited about post credits for Endgame. There's no clear indication on what phase 4 will center on, so mmmmmaybe we'll see..... Dr. Doom???!!!??? This is pure speculation but perhaps the timing of finalizing this deal gives a green light to go ahead and tie in the new properties in the post credits.

If they brought back Red Skull for a Death of Captain America movie, that would be amazing, although his part in IW may have messed that up (instead of just being sucked into some dimension by the space stone)

Did "First Class" count as a reboot? If so, do we really need an X-Men reboot? Can't we just recast the roles and then throw them in with the Avengers?

That's a reboot.

Why not just throw the current X-Men into Avengers? I’d like to keep Evan Peters.

Why not just throw the current X-Men into Avengers? I’d like to keep Evan Peters.

I like the new cast much better too, with the exception of Jean Grey, but they're based earlier in time. I guess you could just throw a time-travel wrinkle in there and solve that problem in two seconds.

I like the new cast much better too, with the exception of Jean Grey, but they're based earlier in time. I guess you could just throw a time-travel wrinkle in there and solve that problem in two seconds.

"But wouldn't they blow up in an all oxygen enviornment?"
"Probably. But it's an easy fix, one line of dialogue 'thank god we invented the.....whatever device!'"

CBM: Captain Marvel - projected $150M opening weekend (spoilers)

Well he’s the one they specifically can’t keep because Quicksilver already died in the MCU possibly as part of a compromise with Fox.

This is Marvel. Their specialty is bringing back characters they want to use. Since we're looking at the prospect of universes colliding, they can do whatever they want.

There's no way Marvel is going to retain anyone from that version of the X-Men...even if it would be a way that they could move towards the multiverse concept in the MCU.

There's no way Marvel is going to retain anyone from that version of the X-Men...even if it would be a way that they could move towards the multiverse concept in the MCU.

that would be almost impossible to rationalize the events of both universes could happen concurrently, even for hollywood

Let these X Men go. They will have been in 4 movies all their own already. Yes some are well cast, and the last few haven't been awful, but they could be so much better. Clean slate time. I suggest starting with Mister Sinister juicing up mutants/creating them. Lots of pivots there, and could toss in the whole Scott Summers/Jean Grey super baby plot if need be.

I'm all for a clean slate, but for one very notable exception - Hugh Jackman. He should be Wolverine forever and ever.

You underestimate Disney.

Back