• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: Invincible season 2 returns March 14; X-Men '97 premieres March 20

No, those are 2 different shows, quite different I would imagine. I haven't watched a moment of Titans but I'm guessing it's more traditional and Doom Patrol is... weird. They're not even in the same universe (as per the Crisis event on CW).

I have seen footage of a scene in Titans where a few DP members interacted with some of the Titans for a meal. But again, even though they were the same actors as on DP, they were in the Titans universe not the one in the DP series.

No, those are 2 different shows, quite different I would imagine. I haven't watched a moment of Titans but I'm guessing it's more traditional and Doom Patrol is... weird. They're not even in the same universe (as per the Crisis event on CW).

I have seen footage of a scene in Titans where a few DP members interacted with some of the Titans for a meal. But again, even though they were the same actors as on DP, they were in the Titans universe not the one in the DP series.

Yeah, Titans picked up Beast Boy from the DP house and then the DP series spun off with the same actors for the most part.

This bi Superman business is having exactly the reaction you'd expect from the exactly the people you'd expect to have it.

Plenty of DC news from FanDome. The most pertinent is that the first two episodes of Young Justice Season 4 are up now and the season starts in earnest on Nov 5.

This is tough. I usually side with labor over management, but Rose sucked as Batwoman and the character sucked the life out of the show. After she left, management reconfigured the show around a much more inclusive narrative and gave marginalized characters more to work with resulting in a much better show.

not the Batman or Flash trailers?

I don't think teaser trailers for movies coming out next year aren't as pertinent as a new episodes that dropped during FanDome.

This is tough. I usually side with labor over management, but Rose sucked as Batwoman and the character sucked the life out of the show. After she left, management reconfigured the show around a much more inclusive narrative and gave marginalized characters more to work with resulting in a much better show.

It's kind of a chicken and egg problem. Did she suck the life out of the show because of the conditions on the set or did the conditions on the set get worse because she was sucking the life out of the show. Not that that excuses the conditions being bad in either case.

In either case, the show was definitely better in season 2.

I think the Kate Kane character was poorly conceived and poorly written and just didn’t work well for the show.

Season 3 has started off well. Robin Givens looks like a strong addition to the cast. Renee Montoya is good. I’m excited to see Bridget Regan as Poison Ivy. She was one of my favorite early Marvel villains on Captain Carter.

Bridget Regan as Ivy is the single strongest argument I've heard to get me to check out Batwoman.

I think the Kate Kane character was poorly conceived and poorly written and just didn’t work well for the show.

Season 3 has started off well. Robin Givens looks like a strong addition to the cast. Renee Montoya is good. I’m excited to see Bridget Regan as Poison Ivy. She was one of my favorite early Marvel villains on Captain Carter.

I was just thinking that I'm not a fan of the direction this season is going. I'm not a fan of the villain of the week format and they have been some pretty compelling villains that we are just rushing through.

CBM: DC Fandome Sat at 1:00 pm

I don’t think Mad Hatter and Killer Croc are villains you can build a long arc around. I’m pretty sure the plan is to have multiple season long villains. Safiyah, Black Mask, and the dirty Crows did that last season. This season it will be Poison Ivy, some others, and maybe someone else while Alice remains a pain in the ass. The tension with Montoya and the GCPD and Jet Industries will be at the heart of the show as well. We’ll see how they go from Kate’s daddy issues to Ryan’s mommy issues.

slowly making my way through Doom Patrol and really love the way that they've transformed the show to revolve around the various traumas that these characters have gone through on their journeys through hell

that doesn't sound like much of an endorsement, but this show has really surprised me in a good way after i got over the hump that was season 1. it's not just that the heroes, villains, and scenarios are utterly unique, but i don't think i've watched comics-based TV content that's done so much justice to a set of characters before?

slowly making my way through Doom Patrol and really love the way that they've transformed the show to revolve around the various traumas that these characters have gone through on their journeys through hell

that doesn't sound like much of an endorsement, but this show has really surprised me in a good way after i got over the hump that was season 1. it's not just that the heroes, villains, and scenarios are utterly unique, but i don't think i've watched comics-based TV content that's done so much justice to a set of characters before?

+1

have not had the chance to begin season three yet but i am looking forward to it.

Man, ST: Prodigy is angling so fucking hard for all the kids who love the Star Wars animated shows

Ooof -- Eternals is/is going to be the lowest ranked Marvel movie on RT. I'm sure I'll see it at some point, but not at all hyped for it. I think there's a good chance it flops.

Back