• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: Invincible season 2 returns March 14; X-Men '97 premieres March 20

first ep of Disco S4 is pretty good; definitely a top tier Disco episode. feels like the writers did the moth planet thing as a bit of a joke to the 'real star trek' people but i thought it was all good.

except i don't give two fucks about saru

Could not sleep and was up really early so rather than do something productive like exercise I watch an ep and a half of cowboy bebop. I don't recall the source material other than by name but going in cold it seemed decently fun. I suspect most of the poor reviews are people comparing it to either the source material or their memory/emotional connection to it. It certainly may tank.

Hawkeye is pretty entertaining, different feel than the other shows, maybe because he is just a guy as seen with his hearing aid.

Hawkeye is pretty entertaining, different feel than the other shows, maybe because he is just a guy as seen with his hearing aid.

Agreed. I really enjoyed the first couple of episodes - it's definitely more straightforward and less complex and dense than the other Marvel shows, at least so far. I really like Hailee Steinfeld's character so far, and her creepy soon-to-be stepfather is clearly up to no good. Hopefully the remaining episodes will hold up as well, but it was a fun start.

I did a full rewatch of Young Justice Seasons 1-3 in advance of the new season that started in October. I highly recommend it. It’s long been one of my favorite shows but it’s always been in a weird limbo. Season 1 got yanked around on Cartoon Network. Season 2 aired inconsistently. It got cancelled and eventually gained an audience on Netflix. Season 3 was a marquee offering for DC Universe streaming which was eventually absorbed into HBO Max. Then Season 4 dropped on HBO Max with no advance notice.

The central story is around sidekicks (“don’t call us sidekicks”): Robin, Superboy, Aqualad, Kid Flash, Miss Martian, and Artemis. Through time skips, we see them grow up and new generations of young heroes emerge. There is a central group of villains with a broad cast of young villains as well. But it’s not villain of the week fare. The result is a huge but well organized cast and complex mature serialized storytelling. It’s a kid-friendly show without being a kids show. Kids probably won’t get all the illusions to sex except a few that are very obvious.

Given the complexity, I knew I should just rewatch before this season but I forgot how much I had forgotten.

I did a full rewatch of Young Justice Seasons 1-3 in advance of the new season that started in October. I highly recommend it. It’s long been one of my favorite shows but it’s always been in a weird limbo. Season 1 got yanked around on Cartoon Network. Season 2 aired inconsistently. It got cancelled and eventually gained an audience on Netflix. Season 3 was a marquee offering for DC Universe streaming which was eventually absorbed into HBO Max. Then Season 4 dropped on HBO Max with no advance notice.

The central story is around sidekicks (“don’t call us sidekicks”): Robin, Superboy, Aqualad, Kid Flash, Miss Martian, and Artemis. Through time skips, we see them grow up and new generations of young heroes emerge. There is a central group of villains with a broad cast of young villains as well. But it’s not villain of the week fare. The result is a huge but well organized cast and complex mature serialized storytelling. It’s a kid-friendly show without being a kids show. Kids probably won’t get all the illusions to sex except a few that are very obvious.

Given the complexity, I knew I should just rewatch before this season but I forgot how much I had forgotten.

Second this. Is a great show. Good character development over the years which acknowledges the gaps in years.

Happy to see Lalo Salamanca from Better Call Saul in Hawkeye. That guy is great at being/looking devious.

I did not make the connection between Lalo and Swo... I mean, Duquesne. He gave major "I know that guy vibes" but I didn't get around to IMDBing him.

I went into Hawkeye with middling expectations. A character I've never been excited for played by an actor near the top of my "what's the big deal?" list but the first episodes were downright thrilling.

The only thing I could tell you about the first 2 seasons about Young Justice was that I rather liked the series, but I don't remember plot points at all. I haven't even seen S3, need to put that in queue, not going to rewatch the first 2 seasons though.

CBM: Hawkeye (Disney+)

It’s worth it to start from the beginning. It’s almost like watching it new. The first 13 eps of Season 4 will be waiting for you. One thing I did notice is that there is plenty of awkward exposition to catch up people who haven’t watched in awhile. It’s good for kids and a product of the long time between production.

Last edited:
I've mentioned here before but my 9 yo and I watch young justice. Just kicked off s4 last weekend. Still holds up.

Also, re: Hawkeye. Family watched ep 1 Wednesday and we all enjoyed it. Especially my 12 yo daughter.

Knowing and experiencing are two different things and getting to see how excited she gets seeing diverse representation <cough> seeing women and girls as superheroes and jedi saving the day < cough> in these movies. Hats off to feige and other teams working to improve this.

Representation matters. If it didn’t, the incels wouldn’t be so upset about it.

At the end of 40+ minutes, Hawkeye makes me go "Dang, is it over already?" If not for spoilers I'd save these up and binge watch this series.

Hah I thought the stepdad to be was the actor from White lotus but i find out here it’s Lalo Salamanca!

So, it appears that the Uncle in question is Kingpin, right? I really liked both Charlie Cox's DD, who is supposedly in NWH, and of course d'Onofrio's kingpin. Would love to see them play in the sandbox

Yeah. I’ll be pissed if this is a Mephisto situation.

Back