• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

Part of me thinks that Nolan harbors some fascistic tendencies in the same way that Todd Phillips appears to actually be a crypto-incel. TDKR (and the other two, tbh) are right wing insofar as the right wing openly embraced fascistic politics in the years, but they basically advocate for extrajudicial law enforcement and law enforcement worship. Those movies are politically disturbing as shit, IMO.

Peak woke

i think this topic was already interrogated but Batman (among others) as an extra judicial law enforcement superweapon has been super popular for 80 years. not exactly dark web incel plotline here

Since we've taken a political turn, let me continue this fusion by suggesting my favorite Trump parody on Twitter: @realGulDukat

For you Marvel org chart fanatics - Feige's power continues to grow:

Pretty big move toward #synergy.

i think this topic was already interrogated but Batman (among others) as an extra judicial law enforcement superweapon has been super popular for 80 years. not exactly dark web incel plotline here

If you don’t think the Nolan flicks are crypto-fascist, then I don’t know what to tell you. Batman’s extra judicial super power was his detective skills until he got the Frank Miller treatment.

Enjoyed Joker but did find it deeply disturbing overall. I was viscerally uncomfortable several times throughout though I suspect that is largely intended. I didn't read this as the actual Joker's background but simply a potential background for where Joker might come from.

I also am not entirely sure which parts of the movie we should accept as actually occurring rather than simply a Joker delusion. There were several points where this cut off could've occurred (if at all).

Dark Phoenix may be the worst superhero flick in a decade. Last Stand was like 10x better.

If you don’t think the Nolan flicks are crypto-fascist, then I don’t know what to tell you. Batman’s extra judicial super power was his detective skills until he got the Frank Miller treatment.

you do know what the word "vigilante" means, right?

Hey, no one is stopping you from asserting that Batman has been a recruiting tool for fascists for 80 years. That’s a fun hypothesis.

Hey, no one is stopping you from asserting that Batman has been a recruiting tool for fascists for 80 years. That’s a fun hypothesis.

It’s amazing how, in an entire genre of vigilantes, Proud Boy-types only typically gravitate to the Frank Miller runs.

Do you even comics, bro?

It’s almost like the character has kept the same basic origin and background but has changed in style over the years. Unless you think Robert Pattinson is going to do the Batusi next year.

It’s almost like the character has kept the same basic origin and background but has changed in style over the years. Unless you think Robert Pattinson is going to do the Batusi next year.

If only the DCEU had even the slightest sense of humor

Damn.

Dark Phoenix may be the worst superhero flick in a decade. Last Stand was like 10x better.

I'm watching this right now and I just want to say that my first "f u movie" just happened with the line "The woman are always saving the men. Might want to change the name to X-Women." Not due to some incel MRA reasons, but what a stupid clunky line.

Check out 2:15 to see:

Up to this point I was thinking the movie wasn't hate-worthy, the space rescue was, if not cool, cool adjacent. Now I can just let the hate flow.

Enjoyed Joker but did find it deeply disturbing overall. I was viscerally uncomfortable several times throughout though I suspect that is largely intended. I didn't read this as the actual Joker's background but simply a potential background for where Joker might come from.

I also am not entirely sure which parts of the movie we should accept as actually occurring rather than simply a Joker delusion. There were several points where this cut off could've occurred (if at all).

I put this number at somewhere between 5 and 75 percent. No doubt once it's released for home viewing it's going to undergo extreme scrutiny to look for clues indicating what's a delusion.

They had to do about a million re-shoots including the entire final battle (that wasn't supposed to take place on a train).

Fassbender/Magneto was pretty much the only redeeming factor of that movie. Both the "you're always sorry Charles" line and when the villain told him "I don't want to fight you" and he hits her with the "I get that a lot" before crushing the train around her were the highlights for me.

Still far better than Suicide Squad or even Batman vs Superman imo. The latter mostly because I was hoping for more. X Men movies have been letting me down for almost 2 decades now, so I didn't have my hopes up.

I've been saying for years that they could easily reboot/incorporate the X Men with Mr. Sinister as a the key/launching pad villain, pushing the ethics of turning humans into mutants to combat/"protect the world against" whatever protagonist they choose. I'd infinitely rather see that than any more Striker or Striker-like characters.

Last edited:

yeah, nazi hating Americans liked Law & Order up until the 80s when everyone became jaded about law enforcement.

Back